Brinson-Perry Aggressive Dog Clueless Owner

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Platinum member
Default Brinson-Perry Aggressive Dog Clueless Owner

I've been taking our dog here since the park opened. I know or recognize most all the dogs on the big dog side & there's a few that come over from the little dog side to play.... Little dog owners usually ask first....

4-5 months ago there was & 18 lb <> black close trimmed schnauzer type looking dog on the big dog side. While the dogs are running the fence I notice the little dog trying to bite our dog....then saw our dog turn & snap at the little dog. That was that....I thought.

Once home I noticed about 1/2" tear in the skin on our dogs upper abdomen with slight bleeding. I saw blood on our floor but thought it may have been from his paw. I applied neosporin to the area & watched it for the next 3 days. The spot continued to swell & with a veterinary visit, 1 shot, 2 prescriptions, I was sent home & told to return in 2 weeks. Our dog was on the mend in 2 weeks with no further problems.

Today at 9 AM Oct 16 I'm at the DP and look & see the dog that "no guarantee" I believe bit our dog. I tell a lady on the big dog side with her 2 standard playful poodles, that's been running with our dog, to beware IF that little dog comes to the big dog side. He's aggressive.

As I'm leaving the DP I notice that the little dog owner is bringing the dog to the big dog side. I told the little dog owner nicely that I believe the dog bit mine & shouldn't be on the big dog side. Owner said OK.

I get to my cart & turn & look to see that the owner has the little dog on the big dog side. The 2 standard poodles on the big dog side were getting nipped at by the little dog. I stopped my cart & walked to the gate to tell the little dog owner "I tried to be nice but you don't get it. Your dog doesn't belong on the big dog side." Owner said OK. I also sensed that the poodle lady was concerned. As I turned to walk away, the little dog owner calls me a "F...ing A$$ hole." I turned & looked and said forget it....close the gate behind you....& have a nice life."

And we also have a little dog that is not sociable & will never bring her to a dog park. She's a 10 y/o spitz type rescue that we've had for 7 years. Some dogs cannot socialize with others. Too bad some owners are clueless to the fact.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
I've been taking our dog here since the park opened. I know or recognize most all the dogs on the big dog side & there's a few that come over from the little dog side to play.... Little dog owners usually ask first....

4-5 months ago there was & 18 lb <> black close trimmed schnauzer type looking dog on the big dog side. While the dogs are running the fence I notice the little dog trying to bite our dog....then saw our dog turn & snap at the little dog. That was that....I thought.

Once home I noticed about 1/2" tear in the skin on our dogs upper abdomen with slight bleeding. I saw blood on our floor but thought it may have been from his paw. I applied neosporin to the area & watched it for the next 3 days. The spot continued to swell & with a veterinary visit, 1 shot, 2 prescriptions, I was sent home & told to return in 2 weeks. Our dog was on the mend in 2 weeks with no further problems.

Today at 9 AM Oct 16 I'm at the DP and look & see the dog that "no guarantee" I believe bit our dog. I tell a lady on the big dog side with her 2 standard playful poodles, that's been running with our dog, to beware IF that little dog comes to the big dog side. He's aggressive.

As I'm leaving the DP I notice that the little dog owner is bringing the dog to the big dog side. I told the little dog owner nicely that I believe the dog bit mine & shouldn't be on the big dog side. Owner said OK.

I get to my cart & turn & look to see that the owner has the little dog on the big dog side. The 2 standard poodles on the big dog side were getting nipped at by the little dog. I stopped my cart & walked to the gate to tell the little dog owner "I tried to be nice but you don't get it. Your dog doesn't belong on the big dog side." Owner said OK. I also sensed that the poodle lady was concerned. As I turned to walk away, the little dog owner calls me a "F...ing A$$ hole." I turned & looked and said forget it....close the gate behind you....& have a nice life."

And we also have a little dog that is not sociable & will never bring her to a dog park. She's a 10 y/o spitz type rescue that we've had for 7 years. Some dogs cannot socialize with others. Too bad some owners are clueless to the fact.
Sorry to hear that. You should try Doggie Doo Run Run. I seem to remember you have been there before? Very well managed private dog park. It does have an occasional dog fight and a much rarer human one. They usually ban or separate the aggressive dogs depending on the circumstances of each case. Some of these aggressive dogs have owners who have to keep them only in the agility area. Others get banned outright if there dog hurts another dog and/or bites a person. I have been going there about eight years and the problems are quite rare. They do happen though.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Default This person just doesn't give a d a m n

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post

Sunday January 18 about 5 PM this person brings their small dog AGAIN to the large dog side & I AGAIN advised them to take their "small" dog to the other side where it belongs. And of course I received muffled lip service ....instead of going to the small dog side, the individual left ....some rules only apply to those that give a d a m n !

The dog to watch for is a skinny all black 'schnauzer type' 18 lbs <>....that may not be the breed but that's a close description.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've seen that guy and his dog. I sometimes take a lovely, older German shorthair there. His dog went after her. I gave him a choice -- take his dog to the other side or I was calling the police. He left. Total jerk!

Really sorry to hear he is still around.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Last edited by redwitch; 01-20-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Word left out
Old 01-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Sage

Emma does not go to parks. I learned by trying it that she will instantly move to correct behavior of aggressive and inappropriate dogs.
Not worth the hassle with clueless owners...

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 01-20-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Here is a thought. Everyone reading this who goes to Brinson-Perry, print this thread and hand it to the clueless owner, with no comment. I doubt it would change him, but worth a try.

I am so sorry to hear your dog was bitten and the owner is continuing to do the same thing over and over.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Gold member

Exactly why we wouldn't take our dog to a dog park. It's the owners, not the dog that like antagonizing others, just like a playground bully at school, ruling their territory. Somebody has to kick him out for good.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Exactly why we wouldn't take our dog to a dog park. It's the owners, not the dog that like antagonizing others, just like a playground bully at school, ruling their territory. Somebody has to kick him out for good.
I think this is an overstatement. We've had our dogs to many, many dog parks and beaches in many states and rarely find a problem big enough to deny our dogs the joy of running around. The majority of people police their dogs. You only hear about the bad owners.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Sage

I am trying to muster up the courage to take our dog to the dog park. When he was about six months, we tried to socialize him at a dog park and he was bullied by another six month old, literally dragged across the park by his neck. The owner thought it was play until others complained. The dog needed serious corrective training. Then there was another one who constantly mounted ours and the owner thought it was just natural dog behavior. Ours didn't like it and it became a fight, repeatedly. The owner just refused to managed his dog. Eventually, he was removed. When ours became a year, he started going after the same breed that bullied him. Then it generalized. So I had to take him out of the park and have him play with a few dogs that were compatible. Fast forward to three years later. I have just gotten him to be able to approach or "play" with dogs with no issue. I don't see us going to the dog park. Plenty of dogs in our neighborhood. I wouldn't have been as nice to the person as you were F16 1UB
Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I'm thankful that the independent living place where my mother-in-law is going to live has their own private doggie area where our "girls" can run.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.