Found Dog---Black & Brown Chihuahua mix

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Found Dog---black & brown-probably miniature pincher

Village of Belvedere----directly behind postal station--this little fellow ended up in neighbor's yard. Very loving---obviously someone's pet--no collar--or ID of any kind. Neighbors are driving around now with him--trying to find someone who recognizes him. Phone # to call---352-751-4472

Last edited by sandybill2; 05-04-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Default Found dog

Please call The Responsible Owners Club (I don't have the number) they have a good network to locate lost pets. Hopefully the pooch has an implanted chip. Also, call the radio station so they can advertise.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Thanks--I posted another "post"--did not know how to delete this one about him being chihuaua. After looking on internet and after the vet seeing him--does not appear to be chihauhau-- think it is a miniature pincher. Neighbors took him to the vet and they scanned him--no chip. Have a number for "small animal rescue" given by the vet. Will call them--maybe they have number for the responsible pet owners group. Sweet dog--but very frightened---does not trust us yet---appears to be very much at home on the couch!!! Can't keep him ourselves. Neighborhood watch was called and also radio station.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Here is the link for the Responsible Dog Owners website for lost pets in The Villages. Their telephone number and email is shown on this link.

http://petfinder.districtgov.org/petfinder/
Old 05-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Taltarzac
Default Does this pooch have a long scar on its back??

I have seen a couple of min pins at Doggie Doo Run Run. One of these-- Maxi-- probably has a chip but another one I am not sure about. It has a long scar on its back. Cannot recall its name as I only have seen it a few times and believe it is a recent rescue???
Old 05-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
I have seen a couple of min pins at Doggie Doo Run Run. One of these-- Maxi-- probably has a chip but another one I am not sure about. It has a long scar on its back. Cannot recall its name as I only have seen it a few times and believe it is a recent rescue???
No scar on back. I got in touch with Responsible Dog Owners---I sent a picture of dog to them --they will post on this site as I am clueless--- and try to help find the owner. We will also post picture at the postal station here in Belvedere--- Vet scanned--no chip. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage

Thank you too Sandybill for being a caring and giving neighbor.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post

Sweet dog--but very frightened---does not trust us yet---appears to be very much at home on the couch!!!
How very nice of you to let the lost dog lounge on your sofa! His owners must be frantic with worry. I have my fingers crossed that he will soon be united with his persons.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Sandybill thank you for being such a caring person and looking after this frightened dog. I'm sure that the RDO
will help to find the owner. What goes around comes around. You will reap the reward for being there for a poor defenseless animal in need.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for all the kind comments---Responsible Dog Owners (Karen) has sent his picture out and put it on their Pet Finders Page. We are now thinking that he may be a rat terrier. I am certainly no expert on dog breeds--just know he is small, cute, but he cries some--and that just breaks my heart. He is laying on the couch next to me now--seems to be getting a little used to us. Responsible Dog Owners is a wonderful organization!!! I just hope he can be reunited with his owner--and if not, I have no doubt that he would make someone a wonderful pet. We travel alot so we can't keep him. Thanks again.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sandybill...feel this hug. I hope that little person finds his lost family.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Taltarzac
Default Have never seen this guy before.

http://petfinder.districtgov.org/pet...petsearch.aspx

Hope someone claims him.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
Village of Belvedere----directly behind postal station--this little fellow ended up in neighbor's yard. Very loving---obviously someone's pet--no collar--or ID of any kind. Neighbors are driving around now with him--trying to find someone who recognizes him. Phone # to call---352-751-4472
Has the little guy been claimed yet? Please let us know what happens.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

When you look at the lost dogs on RDO's petfinder web site, Max who is still lost, looks a lot like the newly found rat terrier found by Sandybill. Is it possible? I sent an email to Karen of RDO about the possibility. Hope it's not just wishful thinking.

Last edited by duffysmom; 05-05-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

We still have the little guy and plan to keep him another day or two. No calls as yet. We posted picture at postal station and I have talked to RDO again this morning about him. I was also "on the air" this morning with the Village Radio Station about him--thanks to the nice DJ. He is not Max--- He has to be someone's pet--don't know why they haven't missed him yet but Karen at RDO says sometimes an owner can be out of town and has a dog sitter type person and there are misunderstandings, etc. and it may be a few days before they realize their dog is gone. Very thankful for their web page and the work they do here in The Villages trying to reunite pets/owners. He is very use to lying on the couch--and last night--he ended up jumping in the bed with us and slept there all night--so he is obviously use to that as well. He is still skiddish about your reaching down to touch him or put leash on him but he will walk with a leash. Only "piddled" once in the house while we were out. Just hope we can reunite him with his owners. If not, I guess he will go through the adoption process through Sumter County. I will keep you posted.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.