Found silver schnauzer at Publix on Mulberry; looking for its home

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Sage

I found an abandoned dog once. Best dog we ever had. This dog may have wandered in from outside TV, you know.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

He may have travelled quite a distance. Schnauzers are very prey driven and if they see a rabbit or some other prey, they will be gone in a flash and will give chase for as long as it takes. An earlier post said that he was recently groomed, so I think it’s unlikely that he was abandoned. But I don’t understand why he would have a collar, but no tags.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Default Lost Dog

Could it be a poodle in disguise? There is an ad in the paper today looking for a grey poodle! Good luck!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Default lost gray poodle

I talked to the lady who lost the gray poodle this morning. She lives in the historic side of the villages. She just brought her husband home from hospic and is so upset. Someone was watching the dog and let her out. The dog is gray but looks blue so she named her blue.... in need of a hair trim. # to call is 750-0321
Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNA View Post
I still have the little guy. He was a perfect angel today. I took him to Mulberry Dog Park tonight but no one recognized him as a dog they knew. I checked all the mailbox centers in the area to see if anyone had posted signs. I also checked out the businesses in Mulberry Grove. Someone said there was a notice for a lost dog at Mulberry Rec Center, but it was for a black dauschaund. Thanks for the phone numbers for all the agencys. I will call them tomorrow. They were closed by the time I got home from work. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Johnna, I tried to call you last night and left and message, please call me when you get a chance. Thanks, Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Default TV's Are The Best!!

Where else but in The Villages would you find people like Johnna and Kathie I?? I simply cannot wait to become one of ya'll's neighbors. Just 623 days to go!!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Joanna I bow to your kindness.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Joanna I bow to your kindness.

WOW, I suspect that Johanna has fallen in love with this puppy and I wouldn't blame her. We haven't heard anything from her lately about the status.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Location: IL,SD,CO,Fl-so I could be near the Villages!, The Villages 8/2010
Default lost dog

I still have the puppy! There is no tartar on his teeth so they think he is young. I went to all of the postal centers in the area last night but no one has put up a poster. I also went to all of the businesses in Mulberry- no luck.There is a lost dog notice at Mulberry Rec Center but it is for a black doxie. Today, I listed him under found dog on the Marion County website. If someone put in they lost a dog with the description, they will call me. He is VERY SWEET and WELL BEHAVED, I've left him with my 14 yr old dog during the day and he has been a perfect puppy! They share the food and water bowls . No problems- I've taken him to Mulberry Dog Park the last 2 nights and everyone loves him. I won't have trouble finding him a home --if it comes to that. I'll be checking the paper tomorrow and then put in my own ad- even though they charge $10. Thanks to all who have responded!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Location: IL,SD,CO,Fl-so I could be near the Villages!, The Villages 8/2010

OH yes, I also called Community Watch and they will keep their ears open for someone who may have misplaced their dog!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I love to read here about nice people doing kind things.

I do so love the villagers.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:55 PM

The Mulberry Dog Park is run by the Rdog club. I know that they they have a large mailing list and are always reuniting lost dogs with their owners. Contact them, I know that they would be happy to help you. Kudos to you for your loving care of this dog. I am sure that Janet Tutt's office could supply you with the telephone number of their President.

Good Luck

Old 05-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Joanna, perhaps this cute little puppy was looking for you and your 14 year old dog all this time since he was given to the wrong family at birth and always felt out of place.
I think Dr. Phil would agree that you are the intended mother.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM

You can list him here....

http://petfinder.districtgov.org/petfinder/

site maintained by Karen Tynes at 352-750-1627 or by e-mail at responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com.

Probably placing an ad in the Lost and Found section of the Daily Sun would be the best way to go.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Also, if you call the animal agencies listed in an earlier post, if the owner calls there hoping his dog was turned in or picked up, then the agency will notify the owner where to find their lost dog (with you). These animal shelters and pounds are the most logical place an owner would first search for their lost dog.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.