Found silver schnauzer at Publix on Mulberry; looking for its home

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm beginning to wonder if the owner became ill and the dog got out while EMS personnel were taking care of the owner. Maybe a call to Marion County EMS might be a good idea to see if there were any incidents around Mulberry that day?

Sounds like the pup has a good home for now. Thank you, Johanna, for being such a caring person.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage

Interesting theory, redwitch. In that case there might be nobody home to look for the dog or let it in
Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNA View Post
I still have the puppy! There is no tartar on his teeth so they think he is young. I went to all of the postal centers in the area last night but no one has put up a poster. I also went to all of the businesses in Mulberry- no luck.There is a lost dog notice at Mulberry Rec Center but it is for a black doxie. Today, I listed him under found dog on the Marion County website. If someone put in they lost a dog with the description, they will call me. He is VERY SWEET and WELL BEHAVED, I've left him with my 14 yr old dog during the day and he has been a perfect puppy! They share the food and water bowls . No problems- I've taken him to Mulberry Dog Park the last 2 nights and everyone loves him. I won't have trouble finding him a home --if it comes to that. I'll be checking the paper tomorrow and then put in my own ad- even though they charge $10. Thanks to all who have responded!
You are one special person!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 AM

Any updates???
Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Sage

Bump.....
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Perhaps this has already been stated...but in this economy maybe the owner could no longer care for him and dropped him near TV knowing some kind soul would pick him up and adopt him. Just a thought!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I have a funny feeling that this little dog was meant to be with Johanna. Don't you?
The Villages Florida
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 PM

I really hope we get to hear from Joanna about this little guy. I have a schnauzer here in NJ and would have gladly taken him if we were down there permanently. Hope he's ok.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:30 AM
Sage

Joanna, you have a kind heart. I know for a fact that people do abandon dogs, even possibly purebred dogs. There are people who won't even go to the trouble of finding a breed Rescue organization, or worse than that, won't even go to the trouble of taking the dog to a shelter. They just drive away leaving the poor dog to its fate. It happens. I will bet there is no one looking for this puppy and your efforts to find the owner will be in vain.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Location: IL,SD,CO,Fl-so I could be near the Villages!, The Villages 8/2010
Default lost dog

The Schnauzer found his owner!! I'm so sorry I haven't answered you all back. I put my own ad in the paper last week and on Wed a young lady called to claim him!! "Bentley" had chewed up his harness and they had put a new collar on him but had not changed his tags over. She does not live in TV but across 42. They don't listen to our radio station and don't get our paper. She works as a Physical Therapist and one of her clients here in TV told her about the ad in paper. She called and came over and picked him up showing me the collar he had chewed thru. He was very excited when he saw her and is now reunited with his 2 little people too! They missed him very much! I suggested she have him chipped! ( I have had pneumonia since before we found his way back home. But I am feeling better now.) I think my 14 yr old dog misses him. She actually played with him a few times! Thanks to all who gave me ideas and offered to help. With neighbors like all of you, I'm glad to call The Villages my home!!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
The Schnauzer found his owner!! I'm so sorry I haven't answered you all back. I put my own ad in the paper last week and on Wed a young lady called to claim him!! "Bentley" had chewed up his harness and they had put a new collar on him but had not changed his tags over. She does not live in TV but across 42. They don't listen to our radio station and don't get our paper. She works as a Physical Therapist and one of her clients here in TV told her about the ad in paper. She called and came over and picked him up showing me the collar he had chewed thru. He was very excited when he saw her and is now reunited with his 2 little people too! They missed him very much! I suggested she have him chipped! ( I have had pneumonia since before we found his way back home. But I am feeling better now.) I think my 14 yr old dog misses him. She actually played with him a few times! Thanks to all who gave me ideas and offered to help. With neighbors like all of you, I'm glad to call The Villages my home!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! WTG!

You are one very special person, Johnna!

I can only hope that when I chew through my harness and wander off 'til I get lost, that whoever finds me treats me half as well as you did Bentley.
I also hope that Wifey will come claim me
Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh...Isn't this good news!!! So happy for Bentley....and so grateful that YOU are the one who found him.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Johnna:

Great news to hear. It was so special for you to take care of him and I'm glad the owner are pup reunited.

Thanks for the update and all the effort you took to find the owner.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I love happy endings!!! Congratulations Johnna on reuniting Bentley with his family. He was lucky to have found you.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.