Free Male Cat needs good home

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Default Free Male Cat needs good home

Hi,
My name is Casper and I have just come from California. I did great on the plane, slept all the way. My Mom came to The Villages to be with her family. She had to go into assisted living and she really can not care for me. I am 6 years old neutered, up on all shots( just got them at Colony Animal Hospital),very calm, loving and in need of my forever home. There has been talk of me going to a shelter...hope not!!
I have a new pet carrier and 6 months of Frontline. If you would be interested in taking me please call:
352-205-8584

Thanks
Casper
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Casper 1.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	46998   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3302.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	46999  
Old 01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Please know that sending this beautiful cat to a shelter may lead to his/her death.
Older cats have a difficult time being rescued from shelters. Hopefully someone on TOTV is looking for a companion.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow434 View Post
Hi,
My name is Casper and I have just come from California. I did great on the plane, slept all the way. My Mom came to The Villages to be with her family. She had to go into assisted living and she really can not care for me. I am 6 years old neutered, up on all shots( just got them at Colony Animal Hospital),very calm, loving and in need of my forever home. There has been talk of me going to a shelter...hope not!!
I have a new pet carrier and 6 months of Frontline. If you would be interested in taking me please call:
352-205-8584

Thanks
Casper

He is beautiful. I hope he finds a loving home. We just adopted a foundling cat or I would take him. It is a very rewarding thing to do.....all the purrs and rubs you can handle!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Another heartbreaker for a pet needing a home.

He looks like such a sweetheart and I hope someone is able to adopt him. We would but we are at our limit.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:17 PM
KittyKat
Question

Has he been de-clawed on the front paws? Is he a lap cat? BTW, no need for Frontline for an indoor cat here.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:06 PM

He is not declawed and not always a lap cat. Super sweet.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow434 View Post
He is not declawed and not always a lap cat. Super sweet.
Rainbow, are YOU his mom or posting for her? Have him declawed and he will be more adoptable.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 PM

Declawing can also change their personalities and habits, since they now have no way to defend themselves.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:19 PM

OMG..please don't declaw! This is horrendous for a cat and most reputable vets will not perform this amputation....and that is what it is. Any owner can purchase clippers and learn to trim the nails or just take to the vet. If you have a scratching post, any cat can be trained to use it.
If a declawed cat escapes, they are dead meat with no defenses whatsoever. Don't Do It!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Bubblegum[/B];995603]WHAT????? Please no declawing, especially an older cat.
Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.
Declawing Cats: Far Worse Than a Manicure : The Humane Society of the United States

It is better than Euthanasia for this fellow, Bottom line. All of my cats have been declawed and everyone have been indoor cats. I know that Hershey got out but in eleven years of all of their lives they have been safely protected. It hurts to be castrated too and neutered, I would guess but these procedures make it easier to find homes for animals. AND makes living with an animal easier too as well as keeping population down, these procedures also benefit adoption.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:41 AM
KittyKat
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petxpressions View Post
WHAT????? Please no declawing, especially an older cat.
Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.
Declawing Cats: Far Worse Than a Manicure : The Humane Society of the United States
Thank you for the link. After reading it I will not declaw a cat in the future. My daughter uses those Soft Paws on her cat. We rescued my present cat when she was 7 months old. She just would not use the scratch pole or that honeycomb-like cardboard scratch box so after about a year we had her declawed. Now she's a biter. One of our previous cats would sometimes not bear full weight on her one paw, as if it was sore; now I know why. We were just used to doing it. Thank you again.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is better than Euthanasia for this fellow, Bottom line. All of my cats have been declawed and everyone have been indoor cats. I know that Hershey got out but in eleven years of all of their lives they have been safely protected. It hurts to be castrated too and neutered, I would guess but these procedures make it easier to find homes for animals. AND makes living with an animal easier too as well as keeping population down, these procedures also benefit adoption.
Sorry, Gracie, but it does not hurt to be neutered (male or female). Neutering is done under anesthesia and is as humane as if it was done to you or me.. There are many good reasons to neuter a dog or cat. The important ones are that they don't breed and add to the surplus population and it ultimately reduces their chance of getting cancer later in life. The only reason shelters neuter is so that animals don't procreate.

To compare declawing to euthanasia is absurd because they are as unrelated as the Pacific ocean and booze. It IS inhumane to declaw and some vets refuse to perform that operation. Cats can be trained to use a scratching post and there are many varieties that work. If their nails are trimmed regularly, they are short and not sharp. They problem is that most owners can't be bothered, and that is a shame and very unfortunate.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

I have 2 beautiful Ragdoll cats...neither have been declawed. They are well behaved as far as clawing stuff goes, and company has even remarked on how well they go to their scratching posts to scratch. I have several of them around the house, and we stay vigilant with the cats in stopping them from clawing elsewhere. I am not comfortable with cutting their nails myself, I am too afraid to hurt them, so we go to the groomer regularly...both for nail trims and the fluffier one gets "hair cuts". This was MY choice to bring these animals into my home, and I would never harm them to make it easier for me.
That being said, I hope we haven't scared off a prospective home for this beautiful little baby!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Declawing a cat has a negative connotation. Much more so now that perspective owners are much more informed as to how inhumane the procedure is. Training a cat to use a scratching post is not a hard task, because they are treat oriented (aren't we all) and a good post attracts them more than a piece of furniture.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Declawing is cruel! It is not just removing the claws, it is actual amputation to the first knuckle. I believe it is banned in California - I think it should be banned in every state. My cat has her cat furniture to claw and she knows it is okay. She has never touched my stuff. My former cats were the same.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.