Free Male Cat needs good home

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
Declawing is cruel! It is not just removing the claws, it is actual amputation to the first knuckle. I believe it is banned in California - I think it should be banned in every state. My cat has her cat furniture to claw and she knows it is okay. She has never touched my stuff. My former cats were the same.

I am listening. This forum is the first place I have ever heard that declawing was a bad thing. Our guys walk and run and don't seem at all crippled.

Our prior cats were declawed by a friend and golf buddy of my husband. He was a kind and decent man and had many pets in his home. I never thought that they weren't put under. Are you sure?

My point is this...ANYTHING is better than putting them down.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow434 View Post
Hi,
My name is Casper and I have just come from California. I did great on the plane, slept all the way. My Mom came to The Villages to be with her family. She had to go into assisted living and she really can not care for me. I am 6 years old neutered, up on all shots( just got them at Colony Animal Hospital),very calm, loving and in need of my forever home. There has been talk of me going to a shelter...hope not!!
I have a new pet carrier and 6 months of Frontline. If you would be interested in taking me please call:
352-205-8584

Thanks
Casper

Anybody want this lovely kitty?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Yup...never knew it myself. I had my first kitty declawed and I just thought it was a matter of course for kitties. He was abandoned at the vet's door, and I had the vet do it and neuter him when he was old enough.Then I saw him in pain, and started reading about it. I had him for 18 years. When I got these kitties (yes, I know I should have rescued and am sorry I didn't...I saw the sign, stopped and saw the babies, and was head over heels) the breeder made me sign a form saying I wouldn't declaw them. Not that she would ever know, but still I didn't wanna hurt these babies. I'm not gonna say they never ruined anything...but so has my husband...and I keep him...for now hahaha. Actually, he's a bigger pushover with these babies than I am!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:07 AM

Casper is my sister in laws who is in assisted living and can not keep him. Thanks for all the responses. No home yet and no declawing in the future.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Eternal Member

Definitely declawing should be stopped !! It is so painful & cruel !
Old 01-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

kitty needs a home.....
Old 01-15-2015, 03:13 PM
Sage

Have you contacted the local rescue sites ?

Last edited by gomoho; 01-15-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkmaine View Post
Declawing can also change their personalities and habits, since they now have no way to defend themselves.
If they aren't a fighter before the declaw, they won't be a fighter after. Had all our cats declawed as kittens.....no change in personalities. That said, I would never have an older cat declawed. Cut those nails regularly and furnish a scratching post and there will be no problem.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:49 PM

We had an adult female declawed many years ago. She was proud and fearless before it, and much shyer and more fearful after. Never again.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:54 PM

It is amazing how a post can change. This cat needs a home not a dialog on whether to declaw cats or not. Come on folks, stay on subject. I sure hope you find a good home for your cat. I will put the word out to those I know that love cats.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Sage

Bump!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Casper is my sister in laws who is in assisted living and can not keep him. Thanks for all the responses. No home yet and no declawing in the future.
Quote:
Hi,
My name is Casper and I have just come from California. I did great on the plane, slept all the way. My Mom came to The Villages to be with her family. She had to go into assisted living and she really can not care for me. I am 6 years old neutered, up on all shots( just got them at Colony Animal Hospital),very calm, loving and in need of my forever home. There has been talk of me going to a shelter...hope not!!
I have a new pet carrier and 6 months of Frontline. If you would be interested in taking me please call:
352-205-8584

Thanks
Casper
Six-year old Casper would make a wonderful addition to a retiree's home.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Sage

Casper needs a mom. He will love you forever. A kitty-less home is a sad home indeed.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Casper needs a mom. He will love you forever. A kitty-less home is a sad home indeed.
I'd hate to see Casper go to a Shelter. I hope he soon gets adopted by a loving home in The Villages.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Sage

I woke up with a chest cold this morning and immediately, our Mikey took up position next to me on the bed, helping me watch TV and seeing that I drink all the nice stuff that Helene fixes for me. He saw Helene and I through chemo and was a stalwart and warm companion.

Kitties are so wonderful to have in your family. Casper needs a family.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.