General COMPLAINT about DOGS and OWNERS

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 05:24 AM
Default General COMPLAINT about DOGS and OWNERS

There seems to be a general gathering of dog owners with golf carts in the area of the MORSE BLVD gate and El Camino Real. Large numbers of dogs OFF LEASH and running freely while the owners converse and generally ignore the dogs. I would bet they are not picking up after these animals and I can only imagine what it looks like and smells like there. The Villages Neighborhood Watch needs to be proactive in putting a stop to this. It certainly is NOT a designated DOG PARK. Why is it permitted since I see this gathering on a regular basis?

While we are at it, why do dog owners feel they are entitled to use other peoples private property for their DOG PARK? Why do they not use their own yard. I have pets so not a pet hater. Just a very responsible person that understands trespass and private property.

Last edited by David73; 04-15-2018 at 05:27 AM. Reason: add
Old 04-15-2018, 08:35 AM

Oh good.. Another dog poop thread!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:37 AM

Wrong! Been there several times and the people are very good at being sure to "pick up" after their dogs. Please don't make assumptions or accusations if you do not really know the facts.
The dogs have been very well behaved when I have been there. Why does it bother you so much that they are off leash?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Please use the qualifier that "some" dog owners.

If you are just reporting a drive by perception/conclusion, the only part of your complaint that could be valid is...they were there.

The rest of the complaint is pure speculation/bias/prejudice/conjecture.

Welcome to TOTV.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Please use the qualifier that "some" dog owners.

If you are just reporting a drive by perception/conclusion, the only part of your complaint that could be valid is...they were there.

The rest of the complaint is pure speculation/bias/prejudice/conjecture.

Welcome to TOTV.
You are right again Bill

So much heartache and angst and anger is caused by leaping to a conclusion, generalizing, and allowing the opinion of the" few" to control the conduct of the "many".

Another thing that many do on a public forum, is to take as truth the anonymous opinion of a poster. Most are truthful, but many have agendas and post inaccurate information on purpose, all too often.

Many false rumors are taken as fact and defended. Lovely, but often misguided.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-15-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:26 AM

Well said Gracie..
Old 04-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Please use the qualifier that "some" dog owners...
You beat me to it, bille.

The broad generalization is what is so wrong.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Very late at night, they have been building what appears to be a Golf Cart parking lot that overlooks the area that the OP mentioned. I have been to "the scene of the crime" and there was no crime scene when I was there. Maybe 75 responsible Villagers just chilling out!

The big concern there was the bad condition of the lawn last year. That is not a problem now.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David73 View Post
There seems to be a general gathering of dog owners with golf carts in the area of the MORSE BLVD gate and El Camino Real. Large numbers of dogs OFF LEASH and running freely while the owners converse and generally ignore the dogs. I would bet they are not picking up after these animals and I can only imagine what it looks like and smells like there. The Villages Neighborhood Watch needs to be proactive in putting a stop to this. It certainly is NOT a designated DOG PARK. Why is it permitted since I see this gathering on a regular basis?

While we are at it, why do dog owners feel they are entitled to use other peoples private property for their DOG PARK? Why do they not use their own yard. I have pets so not a pet hater. Just a very responsible person that understands trespass and private property.
Welcome to The Villages. Not making many friends with post like this!

This area has been the topic of many post on this site and that “other” one. Also go check the minutes of the AAC meetings and you can get more information on this topic/location.

I am not one of the social group that gathers there, but have stopped there many times with my pooch. She loves all the smells and creatures. This enjoyable and healthy for the dog just like line dancing is for people.

Personally, my dog is not off her leash and is under my control so I can react to ALL of her activities.

The many times I have been there I have not seen where others are not picking up after thier dogs. Most dog owners are responsible. If these folks are like the owners at the dog parks, they watch out for each other to let the dog owners know they need to make a “pickup” if the owner is not watching thier dog.

If The Villages is willing to put in a parking area, then the area must be considered “common” ground. Especially when our amenity fees are being used to construct the parking area. The only thing you are correct stating in your post, is the dogs must be on a leash.

Next time you are in the area stop by and remind them the dogs must be on leash. Maybe you will make a few new friends!

Last edited by Mleeja; 04-15-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Gold member

The dogs are not the problem in TV,
personally I like dogs!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
Wrong! Been there several times and the people are very good at being sure to "pick up" after their dogs. Please don't make assumptions or accusations if you do not really know the facts.
The dogs have been very well behaved when I have been there. Why does it bother you so much that they are off leash?
Isn't there a leash law ? If not = no problem. If so obey it or change it don't break it.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Veteran member

The online news has some information about the construction of a golf cart parking lot, paid for by the AAC, so that residents don't drive on the grass. Search for "phantom dog park" to bring up the info. The article also states that dogs need to be leashed.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Oh, how I've missed the doggy posts!

Old 04-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
There are quite a few when you consider each dog post is like 7 people posts.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,926 Times in 2,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David73 View Post

The villages don't have enough dog parks. Each district should have there own dog park if that's are going to allow multiple pets in household with little or no control over the numbers.

Dog parks in the older districts are ruin down and too small. The area I see open field flood plain for the retaining pond. And it's not private property it's owned by district which residents paid for through bonds and elect officials to manage and control.

IMO leave it alone and don't waste money on it, it's common area that only dog walkers use. But, they shouldn't be off leash, owners are responsible to abid by local ordinances.
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, owners, general, dog, gathering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.