German Shepard dog wanted

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2019, 01:22 AM
Default German Shepard dog wanted

Any advice on how to find a young German Shepard dog? Is there a local rescue group for that breed dog?
Old 05-07-2019, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzzz View Post
Any advice on how to find a young German Shepard dog? Is there a local rescue group for that breed dog?

This site might help you:

german shepherd rescue florida - Yahoo Search Results
Old 05-07-2019, 05:15 AM
Gold member

Sometimes South Lake Animal League has GSs. Cat & Dog Animal Shelter | The Animal League (Clermont/Groveland)

German Shepherd Rescue of Central Florida Welcome to German Shepherd Rescue of Central Florida. We're gladly you dropped by. Enjoy our site.

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Lake, Marion, and Sumter county's shelters and Humane Society.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:55 PM

Thanks so much for the replies. I will check out those sites. I should mention that I also checked and found out that we would need a different home owners policy which is a set back. I thought a policy rider would solve any issues but according to my agent, they will not issue a homeowner's policy that has this type of dog.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for the replies. I will check out those sites. I should mention that I also checked and found out that we would need a different home owners policy which is a set back. I thought a policy rider would solve any issues but according to my agent, they will not issue a homeowner's policy that has this type of dog.

In the past I have had dogs that didn't fit insurance companies' requirements. All of the breeds of dogs I had were unnlike what the companies said they were. While they may have been protectivve of my family and their home (isn't that what you would want, anyway?), they greeted strangers on the street, in dog parks, and in the house with grace.

I would close them up in a room when service people and the like would come to the house and would tell those people not to ever walk in uninvited.

So what I am getting at is that I would never tell the insurance company what kind (breed) of dog I had, if any at all.

Yeah. I lied!
Old 05-07-2019, 02:46 PM

Thank you Miss Cowgirl for I was thinking the same thing. But we do not have many insurance options here coupled with a lot of people that like to gossip and report someone breaking the rules ... lol, like an ornament in their yard.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
In the past I have had dogs that didn't fit insurance companies' requirements. All of the breeds of dogs I had were unnlike what the companies said they were. While they may have been protectivve of my family and their home (isn't that what you would want, anyway?), they greeted strangers on the street, in dog parks, and in the house with grace.

I would close them up in a room when service people and the like would come to the house and would tell those people not to ever walk in uninvited.

So what I am getting at is that I would never tell the insurance company what kind (breed) of dog I had, if any at all.

Yeah. I lied!
Yes. Our golden's best friend was a Rottweiler. What a sweetheart he was. And I know of at least one very cool Dobie.

I'm surprised at the designation for German Shepherd Dogs. I would change insurance companies.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default Re: Insurance

Quote:
You cannot argue with the insurance companies code. You can however shop around for a different company that may have a code that fits your need at a lower cost.

As to home owners liability coverage. You may well find that home owners liability plus a million dollar personal liability is less costly. Also, watch who you buy your coverage with. The companies are all rated. When, you are buying coverage they are all great. Should you ever need to collect, the reason yo paid for insurance, it is too late to discover the quality of the company you chose.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default Re: A rescue dog

Quote:
Just beware. Many dogs in the shelters are there for a reason.
Some have been abused. Some have traits that a previous owner could not deal with.

My sister who has always had dogs, adopted a German Shepherd mix from a shelter. Not saying anything for or against German Shepherds. She was instructed by a Vet the dog needs to be put down. Apparently a mental disorder. The dog would be fine most of the time. Then, with out any warning, dropping it's tail, growling bearing it's teeth etc. the dog would unprovoked attack-not a nip but a violent attack.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Just beware. Many dogs in the shelters are there for a reason.
Some have been abused. Some have traits that a previous owner could not deal with.

My sister who has always had dogs, adopted a German Shepherd mix from a shelter. Not saying anything for or against German Shepherds. She was instructed by a Vet the dog needs to be put down. Apparently a mental disorder. The dog would be fine most of the time. Then, with out any warning, dropping it's tail, growling bearing it's teeth etc. the dog would unprovoked attack-not a nip but a violent attack.

Well, it's obvious that the dog had a story preceding what happened. Forewarned, your sister who adopted that dog should have known better.

Unfortunately, there are people who also fit the description you described, sans the tail!
Old 05-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yes. Our golden's best friend was a Rottweiler. What a sweetheart he was. And I know of at least one very cool Dobie.

I'm surprised at the designation for German Shepherd Dogs. I would change insurance companies.[/COLOR]

Thank you!

Unfortunately, all insurance companies have the same rules pertaining to the breed of dogs.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post

Yeah. I lied!
I suspect that many dog owners have not said anything to their insurance company. But if there is a claim...
Old 05-10-2019, 06:35 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

On Facebook under Villages Word of Mouth FB page, there is someone selling German Shepard pups. Here is the link but do not know if it will work here. You can private message the person selling them.
Ludiana Lopez is the name of the owner, you can also look up on FB.

Facebook
Old 05-11-2019, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There is a female German Shepherd at Sumter County Animal Control right now. Says she will be available for adoption on 5/20.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:23 PM
Gold member

Free 6 yr old on Next Door Neighbor that needs a new home due to changing circumstances. House trained, good with kids etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, german, shepard, local, rescue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.