German Shepherd

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2020, 08:48 AM
Default German Shepherd

I would like to find a great home for my German Shepherd. We moved here three months ago in Monarch. The Villa has no room for a large dog and I am gone a lot. It's not fair to him.
He is a rescue dog from Tennessee and is about six years old. He is aggressive towards other animals. He is extremely smart and house broke. Not had one accident inside the house. Very loveable and loves to take rides.
anyone interested please call 931-510-0802

jack-9-19-jpg

Last edited by larryredwine1228@gmail.co; 01-23-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: too many negative responses
Old 01-20-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Have you tried contacting a German Shepherd rescue group? Seems like that would be best for your boy. They would be able to vet a new owner.

Welcome to German Shepherd Rescue of Central Florida. We're gladly you dropped by. Enjoy our site.

Also try hariet@dreamcatchergermanshepherdrescue.com
407-568-5468

Last edited by CFrance; 01-20-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:14 AM
Gold member

Did you get him from a rescue? If so, most rescues require you to return a dog to them if you no longer are able to keep the dog.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Gold member

I know a great dog trainer whose greatest joy is training adog with challenges. He is remarkable and more than reasonable, send me pm if you need help.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:12 AM

Hi, seems all the rescues are at capacity and I brought him from Tennessee
Old 01-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
I know a great dog trainer whose greatest joy is training adog with challenges. He is remarkable and more than reasonable, send me pm if you need help.
It sounds like dog and owner have both landed in an unfortunate situation. Training won't give the dog a bigger house and yard, and if the owner is gone a lot, there might not be enough time or willingness to follow up on training--which takes time, patience, repetition, repetition, and more repetition.

It may not be the right answer for this situation. However, I would love to have that trainer's name and contact information for my next rescue/foster.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:25 AM

Please do not list your pup for free in a local newspaper, people of ill intent often look for free animals to use in dog fighting rings. Try AdoptAPet.com which also rehomes pets & possibly allows you to screen the potential applicants. It may be a little work on your part, but peace of mind knowing you did the best thing for your fur baby. Best of luck to all involved.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:27 AM
Default Do try contacting the group you got the dog from.

I have worked with my breed rescue since 1984 - we most certainly want to know if a dog we placed needs help and have transported dogs farther than FL to TN.

Placing a DA dog takes a a lot of work on background checks, checking fences, verifying vet and neighbor references etc.

Life circumstances do change. any true rescue should accept that, don't hesitate to ask them for help. If you end up taking the dog to a shelter or rescue or it escapes from the home you placed it with or the new owners try change the chip info the rescue will find out anyway.

You at least understand and were honest about the DA, the nice.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:33 AM

We also have two rescue dogs. We thought long and hard, considering every aspect of the commitment involved (often for 15+ years for the dog's life and ours) plus the application scrutinized us thoroughly. This situation is a shame, especially for the dog.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:18 AM
Gold member
Default Trainer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It sounds like dog and owner have both landed in an unfortunate situation. Training won't give the dog a bigger house and yard, and if the owner is gone a lot, there might not be enough time or willingness to follow up on training--which takes time, patience, repetition, repetition, and more repetition.

It may not be the right answer for this situation. However, I would love to have that trainer's name and contact information for my next rescue/foster.
Bob 407-765-2419, he loves helping misunderstood dogs....and he is kind, patient, reasonable.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJo View Post
Please do not list your pup for free in a local newspaper, people of ill intent often look for free animals to use in dog fighting rings. Try AdoptAPet.com which also rehomes pets & possibly allows you to screen the potential applicants. It may be a little work on your part, but peace of mind knowing you did the best thing for your fur baby. Best of luck to all involved.
also medical testing labs will look for 'unwanted' pets. my advice is to get the dog integrated to your lifestyle. include him on outings & day trips. we were in the same situation-after some time, we are both coping well.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:51 AM

For the people interested, my address is not on Google maps, but it is on Waze......5845 Eury Rd, Monarch
Old 01-21-2020, 11:55 AM

Poor dog thought he had a savior.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:45 PM

We have a neighbor who lives in a 2 bedroom patio villa (just like us) and he has a full grown shepherd mix (big dog) and he manages to make it work. He takes him for walks and the dog isn't in the yard alot without his master.

While I can appreciate that you rescued the poor little guy, didn't you realize when you bought the house that it was, in your mind, too small for the animal that you made a lifetime commitment to? I believe that when you adopt an animal, you make lifetime commitment to love and care for that animal. How sad that the dog has to be the bearer of your ill-planned move (I say ill-planned because when most people buy houses they have ALL the members of their family in mind when considering the purchase and that includes your furry family members).

Maybe you can hire someone to walk him when you aren't home (are you not home due to work?). This just makes me beyond sad.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Default It's not a pet but part of the Family!

I glad you move to The Villages, but it is a SHAME and DISGRACE that you want to give up your loyal Germen Shepherd you had for 3 years. People buy Villa type homes in The Villages because it's enclose and your Dog (Part of The Family) can go outside. Don't you think that giving up your LOYAL PET, FAMILY MEMBER and FAITHFUL COMPANION to someone else that he might run away trying to find you! I wish you reconsider giving up your German Shepherd which is a family members. Please Pray on this before you break his heart!
Closed Thread

Tags
german, dog, house, shepherd, smart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.