Having pity party, my 4 legged friend is gone

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2022, 07:21 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

So sorry, dogs are definitely family. I agree with CFrance, keep the things for a while before you decide to give them away. After 6 months we couldn't deal with the empty house either and have a new little angel to fill our hearts and home.
Old 10-23-2022, 07:40 AM

Our sympathies. We lost our 4-legged family member earlier this year.

Like others, I suggest waiting a while to give away all your doggie stuff.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Some posters suggested I hang on to those good memories....soon, here I go, bear with me....Going to kitchen, Mr. Moses right there, praying for a mistake; going to bathroom, not sure what my little friend's thoughts, but he was right there; getting bad news about my dear Doug's health which resulted in tears and my fur ball was right there, looking up to me with those big brown eyes; rooting thru his toy box finding that very special toy to bring to me, and who could forget his bravery keeping all tv dogs from jumping thru TV screen. Miss my fur ball bunches.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Tears, tears and more. Sweet little fur ball that gave us so much love. The heart ache is unbelievable. We have lots of dog stuff that we would like to give away, dog food Natures balance (duck and sweet potato), dog steps, leashes etc.
What a beautiful, gentle, sweet looking dog! So very sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you.

When I lost my Welshie what helped a little bit was knowing that he was in pain the last few months, his body was breaking down and now he is no longer feeling it. I cried for myself, because he would no longer be bringing me so much joy. The pain I felt got better over time, month by month it was a little less. I still have his things, the collar, the leash, the nail clips, his photos. These days they bring me happy memories. I hope that happens to you soon.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=jebartle;2150023]Some posters suggested I hang on to those good memories....soon, here I go, bear with me....Going to kitchen, Mr. Moses right there, praying for a mistake; going to bathroom, not sure what my little friend's thoughts, but he was right there; getting bad news about my dear Doug's health which resulted in tears and my fur ball was right there, looking up to me with those big brown eyes; rooting thru his toy box finding that very special toy to bring to me, and who could forget his bravery keeping all tv dogs from jumping thru TV screen. Miss my fur ball bunches.[/QUOTE

When I read your post about losing your precious companion I remembered the posts about your husbands health problems. This makes it so much harder for you. There is nothing any of us can say to make it easier, but the replies you have received show how many people truly understand your deep loss.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Tears, tears and more. Sweet little fur ball that gave us so much love. The heart ache is unbelievable. We have lots of dog stuff that we would like to give away, dog food Natures balance (duck and sweet potato), dog steps, leashes etc.
So sorry!!!!
Old 10-23-2022, 12:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing our fur baby's never easy.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

So sorry to hear. We lost our Trixie 6 weeks ago and there’s not a day goes by that I don’t think about her and still talk to her.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:41 AM

My sincere condolences. Losing our babies is a deep heartache, they are our family after all. Your vet can direct you or the humane society would likely be happy to have your things. BUT, before you give it all away...are you sure there won't be another? So many dogs need a home and love. I lost my little one 3 years ago and within a month I had another little fur ball. Made all the difference...stopped the endless tears and made me smile again. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:51 AM
Default Donation?

Quote:
So sorry for your loss. Have you considered donating these items to a local shelter? I'm sure they would appreciate it.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:08 AM
Default Sad times

Some losses never heal. It hurts worse when you lose a pet than a human! We just sent my Izzy across the rainbow 🌈 bridge in July on my birthday
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	321BE41A-1DFE-466C-A168-DC8BC4F7CEE3.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	95538  
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill

Last edited by me4vt; 10-24-2022 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Change
Old 10-24-2022, 06:14 AM

My sympathies.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:52 AM

Iam sorry for your loss.
Old 10-24-2022, 07:02 AM
Default Pity party

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
R.I.P. Little Fur Ball.
Donate to the Humane Society-they'll probably be happy to receive them.
Old 10-24-2022, 07:25 AM

What a beautiful baby. I am so very sorry.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, sweet, tears, lots, stuff

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.