Hawks

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Default Re: Hawks

Ben, I don't know about cats or dogs being carried off but I was flying my micro-lite model airplane in the back yard here in TV and a hawk stooped the plane. I was lucky that it swooped out before it hit because the plane only weighs .7 oz. with a 14" wing span, and it would have crushed the plane. It is made of styrofoam and has a tiny electric motor. Scared the heck out of me though cause all I heard was a whirring sound and saw it as it pulled out above the plane. My wife was on the the lanai and saw it and told me what it was cause I had my eyes on the plane and not the bird trying to get it on the ground. Needless to say there was no more flying that night. Haven't seen it since but I still fly in the backyard when there is no wind.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Platinum member

It was a Raptor. I saw it. ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...reduced%29.jpg
Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

We have a hawk that lives in our backyard in michigan. I heard some screeching and skwawking one day and went outside to investigate. I saw a squirrel chattering at the hawk up near his nest and the hawk was skwawking back at him. It became very heated until suddenly the hawk had enough and swooped down and dragged the squirrel up the tree to his nest. He didn't really pick him up completely, just dragged him up the side of the tree. The noise pretty much stopped soon afterward, but that was weird to watch. I didn't think they could pick up a squirrel either!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.