How strict is the two-pet only policy?

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Default Barking Dogs Discourage Neighborhood Home Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
So true. Many years ago we found a beautiful vacation home on a mountain in the Adirondacks. The view was spectacular if you looked past the home right below it that had old cars, refrigerators and other unidentifiable types of rusted machinery spewn on the property reminiscent of Tobacco Road. Needless to say, we did not buy!

I love having the rules here in The Villages. I don't want to live next to a kennel nor a Ceramic Pink Flamingo Farm.
Same sort of this happened to us when searching for our last house before moving to The Villages. The agent's listing and location seemed perfect for our search criteria. We drove up to the house, got out of the car to view the home and we heard a dog barking on an adjacent lot. Poor thing chained up outside during the day.

Got back in the car & kept searching.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:53 PM

Thanks to those of you trying to help me and honestly answer my question. I didn't mean to imply that my dogs are left outside to bark and I do pick up their excrement. Neither of those would be appreciated by any neighbor; that goes without saying. I was asking about the strict number of dogs and if any of you who have lived here longer might know of any infractions and repurcussions; that is all
Old 01-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post
I just moved here and have two small dogs; I would love to rescue a dog but would be in violation. Is this rule strictly enforced? Is there a chance it might be changed? There are so many dogs out there needing a loving home.
Very strict, but nobody polices it.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Thanks to those of you trying to help me and honestly answer my question. I didn't mean to imply that my dogs are left outside to bark and I do pick up their excrement. Neither of those would be appreciated by any neighbor; that goes without saying. I was asking about the strict number of dogs and if any of you who have lived here longer might know of any infractions and repurcussions; that is all
I think you will spare yourself a lot of possible heartache if you just enjoy the two you have.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I just moved here and have two small dogs; I would love to rescue a dog but would be in violation. Is this rule strictly enforced? Is there a chance it might be changed? There are so many dogs out there needing a loving home.
You apparently know what your deed restrictions are,
but seem to be giving thought to being in violation.
Yes there are many dogs needing a loving home,
but my question is how many would be enough to rescue 3, 4 or ?
As far as the rule being changed, I don’t think that will happen.
Deed restriction violations are a complaint driven system, so if (anyone) complains you will have problems!
Old 01-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Default Rules

Quote:
How do you decide which rules are OK for you to break?
This question also is for all of those that give suggestions for ways to skirt the rules.

Last edited by papasetti82; 01-11-2019 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 01-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
You apparently know what your deed restrictions are,
but seem to be giving thought to being in violation.
Yes there are many dogs needing a loving home,
but my question is how many would be enough to rescue 3, 4 or ?
As far as the rule being changed, I don’t think that will happen.
Deed restriction violations are a complaint driven system, so if (anyone) complains you will have problems!
IMO in closely built community 1 pet should be limit, unless you live on the horse farms.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO in closely built community 1 pet should be limit, unless you live on the horse farms.
In our group of villas the houses are so close,
and the dogs so many, that the streets become a virtual dog park!
Old 01-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
If the dogs are quite and you don’t let them pee or poo in the neighbors yard, you shouldn’t have any problems.
That is exactly right.

Our neighbors have three dogs, but their rare barking does not bother me and they ALWAYS do their business in their yard. To my knowledge, the dogs have never set a paw in our yard. Therefore, I will not report them.

If the dogs were a problem, I would report them. I do not like dogs at all.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
I do pick up their excrement.
Is the excrement and urine ALWAYS on your property?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Our house is in a very live and let live area. (Not on The Hysterical side, that area is a law unto itself.)
Dogs, but only in two's as far as I have seen, a few biggies, and a real soft Pitbull, at least two businesses being run from home, white crosses, Sand Crane garden ornaments ( no pink flamingos yet) and various other infringements, but we all get on and turn the proverbial blind eye.
Works well for us.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:07 PM

Like most posters here have said, it really depends on your neighbors. Community Standards will only come knocking if someone reports you. I know this from personal experience. I had some glass flower sculptures in my landscaping - a deed compliance violation based on one, poorly defined sentence in the deed. over 40% of my community has brass birds, whirligigs, concrete statues in their yards. I asked Community Standards why we were being singled out and she replied, "Because someone complained and we are complaint, not compliance driven." So, if you are on good terms with your neighbors and the dogs are well behaved, you should be okay.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

I strictly adhere to all rules and thus have the world's most boring ant farm.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

You already have two, and are hoping to intentionally break the rules to bring in a third. You know that's against the rules, and we know you know it, because you told us you know it. Rescue animals deserve better than to be taken by someone who has an emotional attachment to rescuing animals, only to have to be moved again - or euthanized - because that person is caught breaking the rules and has to abide by the consequences. I would never do that to an animal.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:42 PM

Gosh Barney, what village are you in? :-)
Closed Thread

Tags
chance, enforced, rule, violation, strictly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.