How strict is the two-pet only policy?

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2019, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
3 dogs and you may as well call it a kennel. And how lucky your neighbors will be to have your 3 dogs pee on their grass every day. The vast majority of homes here really aren’t dog friendly, if they were, dog owners wouldn’t be having their beloved pets pee and poop on other Villagers property.
As I usually try to do, call attention to the fact that there are only "SOME" dog owners letting their dogs pee and poop on others property.

The other 90% of us dog owners do the right thing.

When all gets said and done there are very few triple or more dog owners in TV. And as we all know whether a violation or not is all a function of whether anybody turns in a complaint.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:55 PM

I commend the OP for wanting to rescue any pet and provide them with a loving home. That said, however, the post clearly states that they are aware of the 2 pet restriction but are possibly considering ignoring it. Many replies have given creative suggestions on how to beat the system while others have correctly stated that although you may never be caught it is still in violation of your restrictive covenants. In this instance the issue is pets, although it could be about numerous other issues covered by this document. Obviously, the developers do not have an anti pet attitude but they have certainly learned a thing or two over the years about people's tendencies to carry things a little too far if given enough leave way. Attitudes on this subject will vary from one pet is too many all the way up to "the more the merrier".

Every day as I ride around our beautiful community I see violation after violation. Do I report the offenders? Not yet, however, if the violation is severe enough where I feel that it will threaten the value of my property I would absolutely file a complaint. Most people think it is silly to have a restriction that says property owner's cannot have lawn ornaments and think their tastes should be acceptable to everyone. Have you ever driven through the mountains and seen sculpture's made from large logs. Although the artists who make these items are highly talented I do not want a family of wooden bears in my neighbors front yard.

The majority of property owners in our community drive automobiles. Each time we get behind the wheel and start down the road we are aware(hopefully) of the speed limit. Although there may be times that we make a conscious decision to drive over the speed limit we are or should be aware of the consequences of getting caught. Pleading ignorance of the law may get you a warning but most likely you will face a fine. Every property owner is or should be aware of the Restrictive Covenants and Restrictions which are legally tied to each property address. The process to identify violations, notifications, processes and even legal remedies are clearly spelled out for each District. Normally the process starts with a complaint, 2 or 3 notices to property owner and ultimately if not remedied, fines starting at $50.00 plus $25.00 per day (potentially $500.00 per day for repeat offenders) until the violation is resolved. Unpaid fines can be levied against the property in the form of a lien including possibly legal fees or other expenses (depending on the nature of the complaint).

Given the facts and knowing that anyone violating any of the restrictions would be subject to potential fines I cannot understand why you would knowingly proceed. The restrictions and covenants are for everyone's protection. Typically the first thing the violators say when they are caught is why me? My typical response is Why Not?
Old 02-25-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
As I usually try to do, call attention to the fact that there are only "SOME" dog owners letting their dogs pee and poop on others property. The other 90% of us dog owners do the right thing.

When all gets said and done there are very few triple or more dog owners in TV. And as we all know whether a violation or not is all a function of whether anybody turns in a complaint.
Exactly!
Old 02-28-2019, 12:57 AM

What would you tell your children to do if that was the rule of Their apartment or college dorm?
Old 02-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Good Citizens Obey the Laws and Rules

I had an older brother who once said if "milk was outlawed, I would remove it from my home". The sign of a good community is it's citizen's willing to obey the laws and in this case the Deed restrictions set down by the community. When residents begin to intentionally circumvent the law, where does it stop? It is even worse when it is a "planned violation" rather than by accident. There should be consequences and they should be severe enough to deter the individual(s) from continuing to do the act(s). A last point. The one who relies on "not being reported" thereby making their neighbor a part of the violation since they are reluctant to cause an issue is a bully and disgrace. I like the Villages and the Deed Restrictions were created to keep it "likable". Let's not be a part of tearing it down.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post
Thanks to those of you trying to help me and honestly answer my question. I didn't mean to imply that my dogs are left outside to bark and I do pick up their excrement. Neither of those would be appreciated by any neighbor; that goes without saying. I was asking about the strict number of dogs and if any of you who have lived here longer might know of any infractions and repurcussions; that is all
I have a friend who got a letter after a crabby neighbor turned her in. They cannot come and search your house. She ignored the letter and nothing else was ever said.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

When one violates a deed restriction, the victims of the act are all others subject to the same body of restrictions. As in so many cases, in our society the violators will nearly always blame those who are the victims and or the whistle blowers. Bizarre!
Old 02-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
When one violates a deed restriction, the victims of the act are all others subject to the same body of restrictions. As in so many cases, in our society the violators will nearly always blame those who are the victims and or the whistle blowers. Bizarre!
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:55 PM
Default Over two pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Dogs are to not be over “x” pounds either. However, there are large and small dog parks... If the dogs are quite and you don’t let them pee or poo in the neighbors yard, you shouldn’t have any problems. I am willing to bet my wife’s SS check there are TV residents that have more than two dogs/pets.
I can guarantee you there are many people with more than two dogs. As one poser said, keeping track of your dog and not letting them poo in another persons yard or space is a must. Actually there are a couple f fields near me way down on Morse that people used to walk dogs, even letting them roam free. This does not seem to cause any problems.
Closed Thread

Tags
chance, enforced, rule, violation, strictly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.