Humane Society of Sumter County

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2017, 06:46 AM

Everyone would like a NO KILL at SCAS and that is where your issue is an not with HS/SPCA.

Again, are you at the Shelter? Are you getting your hands dirty trying to save those animal? NO NO NO!!
You would rather make a lot of noise then do any of those things!
Old 12-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimit56 View Post
Everyone would like a NO KILL at SCAS and that is where your issue is an not with HS/SPCA.

Again, are you at the Shelter? Are you getting your hands dirty trying to save those animal? NO NO NO!!
You would rather make a lot of noise then do any of those things!

First.. I am not under investigation!
Second... YOU KNOW what I do . I am on call 24/7 I get up as early as 4:30 in the morning and have gone out as late as midnight to keep our pets out of the shelter.

I find fosters for them untll we can find their families, and on the rare occasions I find homes for the one's that have been dumped. Like the Italian Grayhound that was dying of cancer and the owner put him in the street. We picked him up and got him in a foster The Italian Grayhound group covered his meds and kept him comfortable until he finally passed.

No one is saying the volunteers don't care about the animals.

What we are saying is that because of this partnership, our pets are dying.

A couple of months ago, Marion County tried to pull four dogs. Two big and two small. They were denied. This is just wrong!!!

All rescues should be able to pull from our shelter! NOT just a chosen few.

I will not support any group that will support a High Kill Shelter! I know what goes on in there and so does HS.

You should be asking them questions.... Why aren't they taking some of that money, over a half a million dollars, and making more space for more pets. Why aren't they taking the dogs with health issues. Why aren't they taking the older dogs?

Oh yes, I know... When we complain, they bring out their token 9 year old dog or cat that needs medical attention. But for the most part, they kill them.

Again, I have answered your questions. What are the "half truths" that we are telling? We haven't said anything that we haven't backed up with documentation. We have made a point of not even saying what we have been told verbally as it's hearsay, and there has been a lot.

I have asked for meetings with other people in the room and have been denied . I have asked to be able to record the meeting and was denied. They don't deny the meeting, they just don't want anyone to know what's said.

Are you asking AS and HS questions? Why if this is working are so many of our pets dying.

Why did they come out against us going No Kill? No... "we don't like their methods" is not a good answer.

Oh... and to what started this in the first place. Why would they send me 990 that appears to have come out of a kennel? A 990 that appears to be pee'd on and wadded up? Were they not adulting that day?

This is who you want me to go help????

I'm trying to help ALL the animals.. Not just 40% . A goal AS and HS appear to be happy with!

Last edited by angiefox10; 12-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
First.. I am not under investigation!
Second... YOU KNOW what I do . I am on call 24/7 I get up as early as 4:30 in the morning and have gone out as late as midnight to keep our pets out of the shelter.

I find fosters for them untll we can find their families, and on the rare occasions I find homes for the one's that have been dumped. Like the Italian Grayhound that was dying of cancer and the owner put him in the street. We picked him up and got him in a foster The Italian Grayhound group covered his meds and kept him comfortable until he finally passed.

No one is saying the volunteers don't care about the animals.

What we are saying is that because of this partnership, our pets are dying.

A couple of months ago, Marion County tried to pull four dogs. Two big and two small. They were denied. This is just wrong!!!

All rescues should be able to pull from our shelter! NOT just a chosen few.

I will not support any group that will support a High Kill Shelter! I know what goes on in there and so does HS.

You should be asking them questions.... Why aren't they taking some of that money, over a half a million dollars, and making more space for more pets. Why aren't they taking the dogs with health issues. Why aren't they taking the older dogs?

Oh yes, I know... When we complain, they bring out their token 9 year old dog or cat that needs medical attention. But for the most part, they kill them.

Again, I have answered your questions. What are the "half truths" that we are telling? We haven't said anything that we haven't backed up with documentation. We have made a point of not even saying what we have been told verbally as it's hearsay, and there has been a lot.

I have asked for meetings with other people in the room and have been denied . I have asked to be able to record the meeting and was denied. They don't deny the meeting, they just don't want anyone to know what's said.

Are you asking AS and HS questions? Why if this is working are so many of our pets dying.

Why did they come out against us going No Kill? No... "we don't like their methods" is not a good answer.

Oh... and to what started this in the first place. Why would they send me 990 that appears to have come out of a kennel? A 990 that appears to be pee'd on and wadded up? Were they not adulting that day?

This is who you want me to go help????

I'm trying to help ALL the animals.. Not just 40% . A goal AS and HS appear to be happy with!
You do great work. AngieFox. Please keep it up. I try to help through Facebook and sharing the Lost Dogs of the Villages as much as possible.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage

Why would the Humane Society come out against someone going No Kill if they were really for No Kill?

I might take a guess.

They get to cherry pick the animals they want.

They get two employees paid by our taxes.

They get, I'm told by the person looking at the financials, $81,000 from the county. Again, our tax paid dollars.

I understand they also get money for Spay and Neuter.

So, they side with the county KNOWING they are killing the pets off the truck. We have the PROOF!!!! They have turned a blind eye! AND they have openly sided with Animal Services.

All the while stockpiling over $660,000 in the bank.

I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS!!!

They should be under investigation!

We NEVER said a word about HS. Until... they came out against our efforts to go No Kill!

The Humane Society is "culpable" in what goes on at Animal Services.

I hold them just as responsible for the killing of those pets as I do the county commissioners. How dare them stand up against people trying to speak up for our pet!!!

Who does that?????
Old 12-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage

You can say what you will about me.

I will continue to be the voice of the voiceless. I made a promise when I started this that I will continue to move toward a No Kill shelter until we have one, and we will have one. That is my agenda. While I am the voice, I don't stand alone.

However, even if I did... I would still be standing.

You are right. The truth will come out. It always does.

I have not, will not call names. I am writing under my own name. This is about the animals. If you wish to make it about personalities, that is on you... not me.

I wish you well.....
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	00000000001.jpeg
Views:	373
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	73077  

Last edited by angiefox10; 12-12-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage
Default Presented

I presented this form 990 to the commissioners at last nights meeting. Two of the Humane Society board members were there.

I was told they were laughing. I was speaking, so I didn’t see it. What they didn’t do was teach out to me. They didn’t acknowledge me. There was nothing that indicated to me they were NOT OK with this.

Sending urine through the mail in this way IS a federal offense.

There was no indication they were bothered by this in any way.

This goes to the character of the people caring for our pets at the Humane Society. And yet, some of you want to be mad at me?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
I presented this form 990 to the commissioners at last nights meeting. Two of the Humane Society board members were there.

I was told they were laughing. I was speaking, so I didn’t see it. What they didn’t do was teach out to me. They didn’t acknowledge me. There was nothing that indicated to me they were NOT OK with this.

Sending urine through the mail in this way IS a federal offense.

There was no indication they were bothered by this in any way.

This goes to the character of the people caring for our pets at the Humane Society. And yet, some of you want to be mad at me?
Urine in mail? Sorry to hear that.

The Villages and the Sumter County Commissioners seem to work hand-in-hand for the developers' interests much of the time. You may have to get creative on how you approach this. You can fight City Hall if you have some friends working there. Think along those lines.

Good luck.

You do great work with Lost Pets of the Villages. Please keep it up.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Urine in mail? Sorry to hear that.

The Villages and the Sumter County Commissioners seem to work hand-in-hand for the developers' interests much of the time. You may have to get creative on how you approach this. You can fight City Hall if you have some friends working there. Think along those lines.

Good luck.

You do great work with Lost Pets of the Villages. Please keep it up.
Thank you, We will post my presentation to the commissioners.

My point was that they continue to tell us to volunteer. Personally, I don't have time to volunteer as we have to work so hard to keep our pets out of the shelter to keep them alive. Honestly, it's a full-time job keeping the pets out of there.

I have no doubt the volunteers care for the animals at the Humane Society. That doesn't help the animals that NEVER get to the Humane Society or the animals that are taken back because they aren't adopted fast enough.

I digress... The commissioners have asked us to volunteer at the Humane Society. We have asked for their financials and SOP to see how they run the operation. They send me what appears to be a pee-stained 990 and refuse to send the SOP.

This is not a group of "ladies" I want to work with. Would you?

Thank you for your suggestion. we do have help at a higher level... much higher.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you, We will post my presentation to the commissioners.

My point was that they continue to tell us to volunteer. Personally, I don't have time to volunteer as we have to work so hard to keep our pets out of the shelter to keep them alive. Honestly, it's a full-time job keeping the pets out of there.

I have no doubt the volunteers care for the animals at the Humane Society. That doesn't help the animals that NEVER get to the Humane Society or the animals that are taken back because they aren't adopted fast enough.

I digress... The commissioners have asked us to volunteer at the Humane Society. We have asked for their financials and SOP to see how they run the operation. They send me what appears to be a pee-stained 990 and refuse to send the SOP.

This is not a group of "ladies" I want to work with. Would you?

Thank you for your suggestion. we do have help at a higher level... much higher.
I know a woman who used to volunteer at the facility at Lake Panasoffkee. A very nice lady. She still may be there. Adopt Pet | Central Fl | Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County,FL She has extensive experience with vets up in CT. Sometimes you have to work with what is available.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Gold member
Default Thoughts

Quote:
I know a woman who used to volunteer at the facility at Lake Panasoffkee. A very nice lady. She still may be there. Adopt Pet | Central Fl | Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County,FL She has extensive experience with vets up in CT. Sometimes you have to work with what is available.
There are people likeyou and I who deal with things as they are. There are others who deal with things as they wish they were. Often the two are at odds.

Many years ago my cousin who wanted to be a vet but ended up as a doctor. Name does not match mine. He has won many awards-He is not in Florida.

My cousin worked at the ASPCA located at 94th st in Manhattan. I was let into the back that regular people never see. I was passed by gurney filled with dead dogs in positions like out of a horror movie. I don't know about now but at that time they would euthanize the animals by putting them in an airtight room and pumping the air out.

With this in mind, at my old house we had a cat give birth in my wood pile. CLEARLY THIS WAS SOME HUMANS ACT OF IRRESPONSIBILITY. I called the ASPCA and they told me that they have far too many cats and they would keep it for two weeks and if no one adopted them they would HAVE TO euthanize them. I called the Bydawee no kill shelter. They told me I would have to keep them for two weeks before they would take them. To take them they wanted ME to pay $75 for the mother and I think it was $25 for each kitten. The mother was of course none to friendly-protecting her young. I could not, I would not pick the kittens up for an accurate count but I guessed 6. So,
that would be $225 for someone else s CRIME.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
All of the volunteers at HS are very caring people. That’s why they do what they do. I understand that they don’t see what we see. They work with the pets.

Tags
society, humane, county, sumter, policies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.