i AM MOVING - PLEASE TAKE IN MY 2 CATS !!

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2022, 02:29 PM
Default i AM MOVING - PLEASE TAKE IN MY 2 CATS !!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
I am soon moving to Wisconsin and cannot take my cats to where I am going(: Please consider taking them in.
They are Bob and Doodle, one year old each. Not brother & sister, but attached at the hip! They are curious, playful and sweet. Doodle is the acrobat, Bob usually the "chaser". They provide their own brand of entertainment for sure.
Free, along with all the gear & accessories I have for them. Please call:214-803-9196, or text, or email: njbookie@gmail.com
Available NOW or anytime before November 10th.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob.jpg
Views:	3488
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	95509   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	both.jpg
Views:	3429
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	95510   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_Resized_20221016_061316.jpg
Views:	3404
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	95511   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4847.jpg
Views:	3386
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	95512   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4982 (1).jpg
Views:	3388
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	95513  

Old 10-20-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJVW2021 View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
I am soon moving to Wisconsin and cannot take my cats to where I am going(: Please consider taking them in.
They are Bob and Doodle, one year old each. Not brother & sister, but attached at the hip! They are curious, playful and sweet. Doodle is the acrobat, Bob usually the "chaser". They provide their own brand of entertainment for sure.
Free, along with all the gear & accessories I have for them. Please call:214-803-9196, or text, or email: njbookie@gmail.com
How sad you didn't think about thier destiny before your upcoming move .

Society today sure has a throw away mindset even when it comes to living breathing creatures once considered family " Pets"

I certainly hope those 2 beautiful cats find a more compassionate owner before you dump them in a shelter.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post

Society today sure has a throw away mindset even when it comes to living breathing creatures once considered family " Pets"

I certainly hope those 2 beautiful cats find a more compassionate owner before you dump them in a shelter.
"I am moving soon" is not thinking in advance?

Granted 3-4 weeks isn't a HUGE amount of time, but emergencies do happen...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-20-2022, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Plus one
Old 10-20-2022, 06:47 PM

Why the yelling?
Old 10-20-2022, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Please, the OP appears to be doing a good job at trying to find a home for the kitties, we are full and cannot take any more, I am hoping they find a good home.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:

Oh please. Most people on this forum don't care where homeless PEOPLE live, as long as it's not in their own neighborhood. What makes you think they would care about where CATS live?
Old 10-21-2022, 04:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

They are beautiful cats, and I'm sure you have your reasons.

I'd like to suggest that if you do not find a proper home for them (please try to keep them in TV where most people are trustworthy pet owners) you contact YOUR Humane Society of Sumter County. They have two cottages dedicated to cats and kittens, and their adoption rate is quite good. I volunteer at the shelter walking dogs, but I know from being there and on their Facebook volunteers page that the cats are given lots of attention and excellent care.

I don't know their capacity right now, but you can get on their web site YOUR Humane Society SPCA – Rescue Your Rescue or call and talk to one of their staff at 352.793.9117.

It is a no kill shelter. Good luck with your beautiful kitties. I wish I could take them, but I'd be one pet over the limit, and it looks like they would do best staying together.

Last edited by Moderator; 10-21-2022 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:08 AM

Quote:

What a cruel and rather spiteful reply to the OP. You have no idea why she has to leave and probably return to family in Wisconsin. "walk a mile in my shoes" may apply here.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Best of luck. The kitties look happy and well-cared-for. I'd consider it but I'm sure our princess would not be too happy about it.

A couple of suggestions:

1) giving them away individually might be a better option than insisting on giving them both to the same person. Doing it that way would probably be harder on the the giver than on the cats. Cats live in the moment for the most part and adapt pretty quickly to new surroundings.

2) Wisconsin. Family at the destination? Maybe they'd take in your kitties. Most airlines allow a certain number of pets to be flown. It's a bit of a hassle (they have to have proof of immunizations, physical in the past 60 days, things like that) that varies with the airline but it can be done. I flew with our cat from Minnesota a couple of years back. It went fairly well thanks to a really good tranquilizer obtained from the vet, though she did wake up about 20 minutes from Orlando and entertained the little girl next to me by lying on her back in the carrier and more or less begging to get out. Also, though I know it can be done, I'd NEVER fly with a pet that rides in the luggage department. Lots of horror stories about what can happen.

Again, good luck.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:42 AM

Its a long shot I know, but you could ask the radio station in TV to mention that you have to move and leave trwo beautiful catrs that need a new home.

What about your vet. Maybe they would put up a notice with photos of the cats.

Here is another long shot .... ask the Daily Sun to do a piece on your move and having to leave your animals. You just never know.

Whatever your circumstances, I wish you good luck with your move.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,795 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
They are beautiful cats, and I'm sure you have your reasons.

I'd like to suggest that if you do not find a proper home for them (please try to keep them in TV where most people are trustworthy pet owners) you contact YOUR Humane Society of Sumter County. They have two cottages dedicated to cats and kittens, and their adoption rate is quite good. I volunteer at the shelter walking dogs, but I know from being there and on their Facebook volunteers page that the cats are given lots of attention and excellent care.

I don't know their capacity right now, but you can get on their web site YOUR Humane Society SPCA – Rescue Your Rescue or call and talk to one of their staff at 352.793.9117.

It is a no kill shelter. Good luck with your beautiful kitties. I wish I could take them, but I'd be one pet over the limit, and it looks like they would do best staying together.
This and do it now. Screening for a new family home takes time and the Humane Society excels in that area. I’m sure a year ago you didn’t know what would happen now and I suggest you dismiss the chiding by some who have posted.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Default i was at the hairdresses last Fri and Lori at Kae Raes was saying she wanted to get a

Call Lori at Kae-Raes and tell her about the cats. Last Fri , she said she was interested in getting another cat. She has 1 and its companion passed away of old age. She loves animals and if she's willing your cats would have a great home. good luck
Old 10-22-2022, 05:32 AM
Thumbs up I'll bet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Best of luck. The kitties look happy and well-cared-for. I'd consider it but I'm sure our princess would not be too happy about it.

A couple of suggestions:

1) giving them away individually might be a better option than insisting on giving them both to the same person. Doing it that way would probably be harder on the the giver than on the cats. Cats live in the moment for the most part and adapt pretty quickly to new surroundings.

2) Wisconsin. Family at the destination? Maybe they'd take in your kitties. Most airlines allow a certain number of pets to be flown. It's a bit of a hassle (they have to have proof of immunizations, physical in the past 60 days, things like that) that varies with the airline but it can be done. I flew with our cat from Minnesota a couple of years back. It went fairly well thanks to a really good tranquilizer obtained from the vet, though she did wake up about 20 minutes from Orlando and entertained the little girl next to me by lying on her back in the carrier and more or less begging to get out. Also, though I know it can be done, I'd NEVER fly with a pet that rides in the luggage department. Lots of horror stories about what can happen.

Again, good luck.
...that between this forum and NextDoor, both these fur babies will have a great home by the end of the weekend. I would not consider splitting them up since they get along so well together. That tends to change behavior forever. It is rare that non-siblings get along like that.

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Contact the cat crazy club

Tags
doodle, bob, cats, moving, brand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.