Invisible dog fence

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sskip View Post
I heard that they might not work on a little dog. Anyone have any experience with using it on one?
Little dogs are totally vulnerable here in Florida. Owls, Hawks, Eagles, Bobcats and Coyotes will prey on them, some have been grabbed while on a leash. A little dog loose in a yard will be a nice snack for all the predators we have here.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
thought this might be the 1 thing we could have in place previous to moving into the home end of month,,, any 'watch out's' or 'good guys' comments on who to call OR NOT call ?
THANKS IN ADV
We just installed an invisible fence for our 65 lb lab mix. Best thing we ever did! It’s worked so well that she won’t get near the edge of the yard even without the collar on. I would NEVER leave my dog unattended as nothing, not even a chain link fence, is 100% guaranteed. There are many naysayers on here, many have never had one. We used Invisible Fence brand. They are reliable and came out regularly until we felt comfortable that our dog was doing what she should. Highly recommend!
Old 07-08-2020, 11:12 AM

I was on the fence (no pun intended)
About getting an invisible fence. We have 2 Goldens and one is my service dog. I finally did it and my neighbors are thrilled! It only took one time of crossing over before they never left the yard again. They start out slow and come back the next week. They give instructions and are very helpful
I have phone number if you want it.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:25 AM

We had an invisible fence. My husband installed it too close to our home and our little one got burnt on he neck. Watch for this.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
thought this might be the 1 thing we could have in place previous to moving into the home end of month,,, any 'watch out's' or 'good guys' comments on who to call OR NOT call ?
THANKS IN ADV
An invisible fence may keep your dog in, but does not keep predators out. Coyotes, Bobcats, hawks, gators, black bears, etc.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:40 PM

We’ve had Invisible Fence since 1995 and love it. We had labs. One thing that happened while living here, the front door did not get shut correctly and Blew open. When we got home at 10 pm our one dog was sitting outside. If we did not have the fence he would have been missing. Yes it does not keep predators out. Our last puppy passed at 16 years old 4/22.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
Just remember, while you may train your dog to stay within the boundaries of your yard, invisible fences will not prevent an unleashed or stray dog from entering your yard.
woe be unto the strange doggie who approaches fang
Old 07-08-2020, 04:50 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

thanks ALL - some GREAT comments/advice,,, we newbies ALL should thank you often too ! ! !
Old 07-08-2020, 04:52 PM

I have an invisible fence for my dogs. It has been a great experience, and I have had no issues. First, they are never outside without me. Not because I have concerns about the fence, but I am concerned for their safety with other dangerous wildlife here (alligators, coyotes, large hawks). The fence has never failed, and they have never crossed the boundary line. The latest technology allows them to get back in if they have strayed too far. However, my puppies have never tested that. It is 100% effective. I used Invisible Fence of Central Florida. Donnie and their crew are very professional, and their prices are reasonable. If you want to let your dogs out unattended you are not being a responsible dog owner. I have gentle animals who love people. I can assure you that I could stand just over the boundary with a big steak and call them to come and get it, and they would just stand there, bark, and wag their tails. When I first had a fence installed I did something very stupid. I wanted to know what the fence did, and if it was cruel to the animals. I strapped it around my neck and walked over the boundary. Not smart, I thought I would need the EMTs. I didn’t, of course, but you only need to experience this to know you would never cross that boundary again. The fence, for my dogs at least, is total security. That said, I would never let them out without me right there with them. The fence is great.
Closed Thread

Tags
call, invisible, month, watch, outs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.