Jerky Tenders : there is a bad batch at Wallmart

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Default Jerky Tenders : there is a bad batch at Wallmart

Waggin' Train dehydrated chicken strips lot #97488 from the Wallmart on 441 darned near killed my dog. He has been eating them for 4 years without problems. About three weeks ago he was drinking way too much water. Being a nurse I thought of several serious conditions. He has labs done and urinalysis. Nothing out of whack on the blood but the urine was filled with blood, pus, WBC's, protein. So we started treating him for a Urinary Tract infection. After 6 days of antibiotics he started vomitting after every dose (I chased the dose of antiobotics with three chicken strips). He then started having projectile diarrhea and stopped eating (including boiled chicken). Back to the vet for an X-ray thinking intestional blockage. His colon was a mess but didn't appear blocked. More and different meds. The vet did ask me if I had changed anyhthing and I hadn't.....I didn't remember that I had opened a new bag of those chicken strips about the same time as the symptoms started. Thank God my husband thought of the chicken strips and saw they were from China. He did some research and on the internet one site stated that Wallmart had removed them from their shelves. My dog is well on his way to recovery but he is 65 lbs, I'd hate a small dog to be eating them.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage

VillagerJudy,

Thankyou so much for this info. They may not have removed them from all Walmarts so this is really valuable information.
I am leary of all pet supplies that come from China.

I had a beautiful victorian birdcage, made in China that I kept my sweet Lovebird :Bogie" in. After a few weeks he developed complete paralysis and I found out it was the lead paint they used on the cage. I learned my lesson the hard way.

At the shelter I volunteer at they immediately throw out all dog treats that come from China. Rumor has it that they are made out of dogs & cats and most likely very sick animals.
Please read your labels carefully.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Gold member

Big Problem is most everything comes out of China. Pick up any object and you will most likely see Made In China. Sad state of affairs when we need jobs in this country. So like you I look at everything very carefully and am cautious about the products I buy for my family. I have noticed at WalMarts and Kroger's lately you really have to look at expiration dates too because I have found many items on their shelves that should have been pulled due to expiration date.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.