Kind doodle groomer needed

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2019, 10:33 PM
Default Kind doodle groomer needed

We have a young and energetic sheepadoodle pup. She is 6 months and has a beautiful long coat which is making her too warm here in Florida. She is also starting to get mats here and there. We need an awesome first groomer who will be kind and not frighten her. She will need grooming her whole life, so needs to be a happy experience. Does anyone have a great groomer they can recommend? Name, contact and reason they are great. Thank you so much. EllieMae’s mom.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:14 AM

I take our toy poodle to Katrena at Dogs and Suds. She loves dogs and our Diesel adores her. She does a great job and her prices are reasonable.

Dogs & Suds Grooming LLC - Home | Facebook
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 01-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Default Thank you

Hi Fenneyguy,
Thanks for your recommendation. We will look into this groomer, for sure.
Ottawa natives here. Appreciate your response.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Your doodle is probably going to become quite large. I would look for a groomer who is good with large dogs. We have found that groomers who are good with small dogs can't necessarily do a good job with big dogs. There is a groomer at Woof Gang off of 101 in The Villages (shopping center behind Bonefish, sorta) named Jessica who has done the best job of anyone in TV with our golden. Also, Grooms To Go is a mobile groomer who did a good job with both our goldens. One was a 15-yr-old abandoned golden who had not been groomed in at least 5 years and had severe arthritis. Steve picked him up, carried him to his truck, blew all the mats out, and bathed him. We did that for a year. He did a decent job at a reasonable price. Samantha at Woof Gang in Brownwood does a good job with our current golden. Not as good as Jessica, but good.

Jessica really loves big floppy happy dogs. Our guy would happily go home with her. But we live near Brownwood, and Jessica moved up to the other Woof Gang by 466. However, if you're looking for a first experience that would be positive, I highly recommend her. She is very upbeat with the dogs.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up Hands to Paws Grooming

I’ve been taking our golden doodle, who’ll be 13 in Feb, to Hands to Paws in Leesburg for at least 5 yrs. They’ve always done & excellent job & are much more personable than the big box stores. Originally we used Pet Smart but our groomer left & went to work at Hands to Paws. Ownership has changed but the care & quality of work has not. I highly recommend them. They’re easily accessible & just about a mile east of 468 & 44. Ask for Lisa ... she does our dog. He weighs 78 lbs.

Hands to Paws
2017 W Main (This is Rt 44)
Leesburg (352) 805-4137

Last edited by F16 1UB; 01-23-2020 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added weight
Closed Thread

Tags
groomer, kind, great, contact, elliemae’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.