Labs in a CYV

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Question Labs in a CYV

Can anyone that owns a Labrabor Retiever tell me how well they adapte with a move to TV from a state with cooler weather? Also how happy they are with being confined to a smaller area like a CYV? We current live in Ohio with two Labs and have 3 totally fenced acres where they can run and play.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

We have a collie and she has adapted quite well. On hot days she stays in a lot and loves to stretch out on the ceramic tile and is very happy in the a/c. To give a dog a good run there is DoggieDoRunRun where they can run free. There are smaller dog parks in The Villages to give them off-leash time but walks around the blocks in the neighborhoods usually gets them many treats from neighbors and social time with other dogs and people.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Smile

We have a 101 lb. yellow lab, we live in a cyv. He has adapted quite well. We have a villa that is set kind of 'katie-korner so we have a nice size back yard probably a tad bigger than cyv average. I take 'rocky' for his "long' walk before sun-up every day, two miles. The rest of the day he goes out in 'back yard' . He seems to like it just fine.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Well..................

You know my dream dog is a lab. We just had a lot become re-available in our village. I am just sayin' ....I bet those puppies would like to have a yard against a wall with a six bedroom home next to them.

AND I would love to see them walkin' down the street.

And anyone from Circleville, Ohio is tops in our book.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You know my dream dog is a lab. We just had a lot become re-available in our village. I am just sayin' ....I bet those puppies would like to have a yard against a wall with a six bedroom home next to them.

AND I would love to see them walkin' down the street.

And anyone from Circleville, Ohio is tops in our book.
Thank you, Graciegirl!! Whenever we get to TV, I definitely want to meet you!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Tops in my book as well. I have relatives in Asheville and Circleville is their big town!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Can anyone that owns a Labrabor Retiever tell me how well they adapte with a move to TV from a state with cooler weather? Also how happy they are with being confined to a smaller area like a CYV? We current live in Ohio with two Labs and have 3 totally fenced acres where they can run and play.
Just moved here from Indiana with same situation. Have a CYV and he is adjusting very well. never leashed before so I have gone to a training program. I do take him to dog park every day to run and play. It is working our well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.