Limit on pets in TV.

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Default Re: Limit on pets in TV.

We were told when we moved here that it's 2 pets, unless you have 3 when you move in.
Then when one goes to the Rainbow Bridge, you're not allowed to replace it.

I'm sure that's more for dogs.
Who would ever know how many cats you have.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Gold member

Minty, I think it was mentioned earlier, the cat restriction was to prevent the business of breeding and selling cats. I think most of the cats in The Villages are in house and unknown and people aren't turning those animals in to the local :cop:.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:33 PM

That makes sense...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

We have a real honey of a neighbor who will twice daily walk her dog away from her lot and come to the side of our lot, (we're on a corner), and let the dog do it's business. If she sees us in our home, she'll will go to the other side of the street. We were only there for a brief period but will have a discussion with the perp when we return

Peachie, I would approach this in two ways; first (and I've done it), would be to scoop the poop into a bag and toss it on her front lawn; second, (done this too), take a picture if you can of the offense and then knock on her door with a plastic bag and the picture stapled to the bag saying "obviously, you ran out of bags, thought I would help you out for the next time". Now if all this fails, report the slug; she's a bad neighbor!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie
I think most of the cats in The Villages are in house and unknown and people aren't turning those animals in to the local :cop:.
Exactly, Peachie, invisible cats. I believe that all Village kitties should be kept inside, then they shouldn't bother anyone. Except perhaps for Willy's dog. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by `willy

barefoot at last
INVISIBLE CATS !
Now I know why my dog's running in circles
Willy
Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM

Nanci - Doesn't Naperville have a cat leash law?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

I lived in Stonebridge Country club and there was a two pet limit. My cats never go out but we did have a neighbor who walked her cat on a lease. It was the cutest.

There is a stronger lease law for dogs but that didn't stop rude people from letting their dogs poop on my front lawn. I took care of that first time it happened. I told one lady that my front lawn was not her private doggy park. The neighbors were buzzing that night!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,505 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have read all of your responses to Mikey, Hershey and Harry. They liked some of them better than others. We talked about it at great length and decided that if they ever learn to walk on a leash that we will take two at a time. (They all look alike) And if someone is perceptive enough to see that they are not always the same two cats and turns us in, we will claim that one of them is in the witness protection program. And if that doesn't work, we are going to buddy up to Sadie Mae and ask her to protect us. Other than that of course they will stay inside where they have always been since they were adopted. They said that they can probably get away with all three being on the lanai at one time for birdwatching and gecko watching and if someone turns one of them in for that, well, we will just call on our Cousin Vinnie.

;D

P.S. And if that doesn't work we will learn to poop in SOME peoples yards in the middle of the night.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Nanci, I could pick up the poop and hand deliver or take pictures or call the powers that be but all I WANNA DO IS HAVE SOME FUN IN THE VILLAGES! 040 I don't want to run around turning in the neighbors in my free time, I want them to step up to the plate, (or the poop in this case), and do the right thing.

Graciegirl, I do believe your grandfathered with your three kitties so enjoy their lives and take them all out on leases at once. No one wants to be left behind...
Old 08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

I hear you Peach but look at this way; why should you have to deal with ignorance especially when it's at your front door.

I only had to approach my problem once. There wasn't any yelling, name calling or threats. I simply delivered the poop to her front lawn with a note attached. Another time I took a picture (different neighbor) and left an empty bag with the picture attached at her front door with a note stating that she must have forgotten her bag.

Or you can just call the powers here and report it but I wonder if the direct approach showing her the offense would have more of an effect!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Sage

I haven't seen any roaming cats in the neighborhood. Thank God! Because back in Illinois I fed many strays and some of my neighbors weren't pleased. Vetman and I also captured some and tried to find them new homes through his clinic. I never could understand why people let their cats out. In my mind it equates to letting a toddler out to roam the street. Ridiculous!

As far as dog poop, we haven't had any problem. I would say something to the person directly, if I saw it happening, but I guess that's no surprise! I would only rat on people to the authorities as a last resort.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Gold member

Oh, okay, I'll get my Brownie Starflash out, put in a flashbulb and get that varmit and her pet doing their obnoxious deed! :yikes: I hope I have a roll of film in the house.

I'm sure that will help, Nanci, but I'm not bagging someone else's dog s***. She can come back and get it after I show her the pictures. Sigh.... I think her behavior is the reason many people don't like animals and it's not the animal's fault. :realmad:
Old 08-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage

The brownie starflash????? Oh my!
Loved this statement "Sigh.... I think her behavior is the reason many people don't like animals and it's not the animal's fault. "
Old 08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage

1rnfl Peachie! You make me laugh! LOLOL A Brownie Starflash! Really? with your post. :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Gold member

(Just for the record, Sam, we have two very computer literate sons and they would have a fit if we were still using a Brownie.) Too bad I remember the Brownie, another way to date myself...

Pets are nice, (thought I'd better not get off topic :cop
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.