Limit on pets in TV.

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Sage
Default Re: Limit on pets in TV.

The frowning "don't know" symbol came up automatically with the question mark. I remember the Brownie with fondness.
As for pets, I adore animals but have strong allergies. I have to take meds before I can go into a home that has indoor pets. I have 5 cats and about 50 koi in Pa. The cats live in the heated garage. It would be unfair for me to bring them down here to be cooped up when they have always been free to roam. People dumped cats off back in our woods. They bred and became feral. We captured the babies at about 6 weeks, bottle fed them and kept them in an enclosed area until they could be neutered. We trapped every cat and had them all neutered. The caretaker tells me two new ones have shown up. They will be trapped, neutered and released. Hey Handi..don't wander onto our Pa property. See what happens! They are also fat now!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Gold member

Sam, is that heated garage your cathouse? Budda bummp :hot:
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Sage

1rnfl 1rnfl As a matter of fact, yes, it is my cathouse!! Those cats have the life...cushy beds, total freedom, free medical and all the wet and dry food they can eat. I personally think they should get jobs. I must say they are great because I have never had a mouse in my house. They patrol the perimeter and mice are not allowed near the place. There was also a large snake population near the house before the cats took up residence. No more.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Gold member

We had cats also when we lived on the 20 acres in the country and their mousing abilities were terrifc. We did have one cat, however, that apparently felt he should prove to us he was worth his keep and would put his little dead gifts on the front stoop. Yeah, icky. He was really a very prolific mouser, lucky us. :
Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage

Hah! That's what our guys do, too. When we would take our T-bird out of the garage, the treasures that had been amassed under it never failed to gross me out!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
We talked about it at great length and decided that if they ever learn to walk on a leash that we will take two at a time. (They all look alike)
GG, - I'm quite sure that if you were to teach your three cats to enjoy walking on leashes, everyone in TV would find it quite charming.

I've found The Villages is full of animal lovers. None of us like pet owners that are rude and inconsiderate and encourage their animals to poop on other's property. That is just rude and wrong. I've found most pet lovers are wonderful, caring people.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
GG, - I'm quite sure that if you were to teach your three cats to enjoy walking on leashes, everyone in TV would find it quite charming.

I've found The Villages is full of animal lovers. None of us like pet owners that are rude and inconsiderate and encourage their animals to poop on other's property. That is just rude and wrong. I've found most pet lovers are wonderful, caring people.
Cept Fumar!!! He donuh lika nuttin widt 4 legs. >
Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB
Cept Fumart!!! He donuh lika nuttin widt 4 legs. >
Yes GG, be careful. Don't ever let Fumar near your cats. To him, cats are just gator bait.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 AM

This is a way serious issue for us. We want to move down in a couple of years, but, err...we haven't had less than 3 pets in years. Right now, as of last headcount, was 4 dogs and 1 cathuman. I actually had another opportunity to acquire another Greyhound recently, but declined when I thought how it would make our desired future move even harder. (the 1st time I have said no to a dog in long long time!!!! )
Old 09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Send a message via MSN to darylj2000

WE are planning on moving to the villiages and we have three small dogs. When we came down to look the villiages over we were open about that we have three dogs and we were told what happens behide your door stays behind your door.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
I don't understand why people move to an area with restrictions and then try to get around those restrictions.

I love dogs and plan on bringing my two girls when we are able to be in TV for longer than a month at a time.

One of the reasons we bought in TV was because of the Deed Restrictions we believe they will help to keep TV a beautiful place to live.
I stand by my original statement. I suppose if there is an unfortunate death in my family and my young nieces and nephews come to live with me full time you would all understand and not want the covenants enforced.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylj2000 View Post
When we came down to look the villiages over we were open about that we have three dogs and we were told what happens behide your door stays behind your door.
Was it a Villages Sales Agent that told you "what happens behind your door stays behind your door." I think this is true about cats, but dogs do need to be taken for walks.

I'm very curious about whether multiple pets are "grandfathered".
Old 09-22-2008, 08:27 AM

Yes it was a sales person and also the person that set us up for our visit to the villages. Everyone that we talked with we were up front on how many pets we have.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

daryl

I suspect that the sales folks can look the other way because they have no "authority!" And, probably, your new neighbors will look the other way, too. BUT, and it's a potentially big BUT, if your critters create some on-going disturbances, there may very well be a neighbor who will blow the whistle. Then, you might have heartbreaking trouble!

Just my thoughts!

SWR
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 PM

thanks i sent an e-mail to the villages for a copy of the deed restriction. I don't know what elis i can tell them, and i donot want heart break over lossing one of my pets. How could one pick which one to leave.

Daryl
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.