litter box

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Default litter box

i am about to move into a CYV. Where do you put the litter box? Any suggestions for a pet door installer? I also have a small dog.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If you're not going to use your bathtub, it is actually a great place for a litter box. Use a storage box sans lid, cover the drain pipe, put something under the box such as a large plastic bag and voile! Best part is that you can close the showe curtains when company comes for dinner, remove it to your room for overnight guests and no bending to clean it.

How big is your small dog? We do have a plethora of wild animals here, many of which do not find courtyard walls to be an impediment. So, if under 15 pounds I wouldn't recommend letting him go out on his own. Otherwise, the best kind to get is the insert to your sliding glass door and those are easy to install yourself.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
i am about to move into a CYV. Where do you put the litter box? Any suggestions for a pet door installer? I also have a small dog.
We bought a pet door for our slider and put the litter box on the lanai behind a chair. No odor at all.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Don't forget . . . if you install a pet door for your dog, your cat will fit through it, also. I hope you don't mean a pet door to go from your lanai to outside.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:41 AM

I have a CYV. We put the boxes in the garage, keep the garage door open but shut the door to our laundry room and put a small cat door in it. We turned the heat/AC register closed in the laundry room so we don't heat or cool the garage. We also have a pet door insert in our sliding glass doors so the cats have access to the lanai year round. But no, they do not go out of the lanai into the courtyard.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 AM

Thank you all very much for your suggestions. Most helpful! Why can't the cat go out into the courtyard?
Old 02-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Sage

See #2 above.

2 weeks ago I saw a Bald Eagle lift off from a empty overflow pond with a fox in tow.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Just imagine the horror of watching your small pet being carried off through the air or in the mouth of a predator. I have a small cat, and the hawks swoop over the birdcage when she is out there. And they swoop the street too.

uploadfromtaptalk1423758788907-jpg
Old 02-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

We put a screen door on the other side of the garage steel door. The bottom panel is easy to put a pet door into it and litter boxes can be kept in the garage. Our garage is screened with an additional lock so whether the main door is up or down, kitty stays inside warm and dry and not a treat for the Hawks. One big hawk here grabbed a chihuahua while he was on a leash being walked! The dog survived because he had a harness but the woman held on and smashed the now dazed but ok bird against a wall. Birds and animals are hungry as their space as been taken up, but they can't have my cat!

Last edited by HimandMe; 02-13-2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Also, there are end tables that disguise themselves as litter boxes...we have one for the night time hours.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.