Litter boxes location

Litter boxes location

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
Just curious if your cats ever seem bothered by the noise of the washing machine. We had our litter box under the laundry tub in the past with a previous cat and then she started to shy away from it.

With our current cat we have it in a storage room off the master bedroom but would love to have it back under the laundry sink if it didn't upset the cat.
Our cat is very mellow, and does not appear to be concerned with the noise in the laundry room, also we only need to run the washer and dryer once a week so we have never had a problem.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:17 PM

Thank you so much, everyone! Such helpful responses! RodNut
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2019, 02:36 PM

It's already been mentioned, but the laundry room is where I also keep the 2 litter boxes. The room is directly to the left of where you walk in from the garage; has a sink and we keep one under there, on a mat, with newspaper under that. The other one is right next to it, same mat/newspaper. Washing machine doesn't bother them, they're fat/happy and seem to know that this is paradise. : )
Weird that they were outside cats in DC (cat door in backyard door), but after 2 weeks of not coming out from under the bed after the move, they've never "asked" to go outside (CYV), we've never let them, and all's been aok w/them inside.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Our cat is very mellow, and does not appear to be concerned with the noise in the laundry room, also we only need to run the washer and dryer once a week so we have never had a problem.
Thanks for responding with your experience. I don't know for sure but suspect that our previous cat was looking for a little private time in the litter box when the washing machine went into an unbalanced spin cycle and that caused her to shy away in the future.

Kind of humorous to picture the cat in there when suddenly her whole world starts rumbling and shaking.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
Asking off the question, what litter works the best for not sticking to the cat's paws and dropping it all over the house?
TidyCats SLIDE
Old 06-10-2019, 04:34 AM
Veteran member

I keep mine in the tub of the guest bath, which I don't use otherwise. Out of sight behind the shower curtain and easy to sweep up any bits of tracked litter.

Last edited by queasy27; 06-20-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 PM

Our cat's litter box is on the enclosed lanai. The doors are always open. It is behind furniture so fairly hidden. I clean it often so that there is no smell.

Tags
full, cat, home, litter, boxes