10 Most Popular Dogs of TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Veteran member
Default 10 Most Popular Dogs of TV

We had a beautiful black lab when our son was growing up. I know big dogs are not allowed in TV. What do you think the most popular breed in TV? If I were to get one, Bichon or Maltese perhaps. Our friend in TV has Chihuahua. Our grandkids have King Charles Cavalier. Would number one be a Poodle, Cocker Spaniel, Bulldog, Bassett Hound, Pomeranian, Beagle, Schnauzer? Which dog will I meet next time I take a walk there?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

I don't know where you heard that big dogs were not allowed in The Villages,there is not a restriction on size but there is a restriction on number of pets. It is suppose to be two pets per house but this policy is not enforced unless someone complains.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Location: just moved to Beaverton, OR. missing Florida though!

can't go wrong with chihuahuas. well, the feisty ones can be a little hard to handle...lol.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
We had a beautiful black lab when our son was growing up. I know big dogs are not allowed in TV. What do you think the most popular breed in TV? If I were to get one, Bichon or Maltese perhaps. Our friend in TV has Chihuahua. Our grandkids have King Charles Cavalier. Would number one be a Poodle, Cocker Spaniel, Bulldog, Bassett Hound, Pomeranian, Beagle, Schnauzer? Which dog will I meet next time I take a walk there?
We have an Australian Cattle Dog and a mini doxie.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gee, TV would be a sad place if it only had little dogs. In my wanderings, I've met a Great Pyrenees (she was on the small side, though -- only 85 lbs); two bull mastiffs; a couple of huskies; German Shepherds, collies, labs and golden retrievers too numerous to count; several different types of spaniels and so on and so forth. And let's not forget all the greyhounds that have been rescued and live happily ever after in TV.

I think the rule is supposed to be a dog no higher than your knee but it certainly isn't enforced.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

Love all dogs, but see little white dogs the most here in TV....all different kinds! Big or small, all are allowed. Earlier this year, we lost our big boy, a white standard poodle...2 months shy of 16!

Last edited by salpal; 09-16-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

We have a beautiful female Shih tzu, Roxi, about 10 pounds, and we have seen many of this breed in TV. Our dog is the most lovable and smartest one we have ever had and loves people.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage

We have a shih tzu, too. 8 lbs. As loveable as can be. We have also seen many shih tzu's in TV. All sweet as they can be.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:27 PM

No restrictions on size of dog - I believe the most popular dog is the dog you personally have - because that is the one you love. Don't have a dog because it will fit - or it is what is expected - get the one you want and the one that you will love.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:01 PM

My most popular dog is the one that stays out of my yard and the shrubs bushes at the postal boxes and the squares. I love dogs and have had Labs and beagles plus mixed and I loved them all. I cringe however when a dog is allowed to prowl through the pine straw to do their thing and then they start to dig and kick behind them the mess.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Love all dogs, but see little white dogs the most here in TV....all different kinds! Big or small, all are allowed. Earlier this year, we lost our big boy, a white standard poodle...2 months shy of 16!
Are you going to get an new baby dog?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Smile

We have 2 minature pinchers one black and tan female, Grethel and one red male Hansel. They are a feisty breed. But they will not be official Villagers until the end of Ocober, when we finally move down from NJ.

Last edited by hansel; 09-18-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling
Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 PM

Yorkies Rock! Our Merlin is the best boy.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Sage
Default How many.

When we first thought about living in TV, we asked about the dogs. We were told then that you could own as many dogs as you wanted but they could not total 100 lbs.

When we came back this last time we were told the rules were two dogs....

I'm thinking someone must have come in with ten 5lb chihuahuas that they changed the rules.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I love all dogs but especially Bichons. Can you tell.... My Mandy and Abby are sweethearts!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.