Looking for Pet Friendly Motels/Hotels on I95 from NY to FL

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 PM

I know I'm late to respond but I also came down I95 from Long Island NY two days before New Years...I have a 9 lb yorkiepoo and stayed at two Days Inns on the way down. One was in Newark, Delaware and the other was in Kingsland, Georgia - both worked out to be good; reasonable (about $69/night) and with only a $10 pet fee. Free continental breakfast was included. Both of these places were just off 95 at an exit so it was easy off and easy on. I'll be here three months and then have to drive back. On the way down I followed my daughter and her husband but I'll have to go it alone on the way back so if anyone is going back the end of March and wants to follow each other let me know...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Homeball... just be careful with the cats. When my sister in law made her move to TV, on her way down from Jersey, she stayed in a cat friendly hotel and.... the cat wandered and found a hole under the sink in the bathroom. Yup.. you guessed it.. he wound up inside the wall for hours and wouldn't come out! She had to call someone in the next morning to remove a part of the wall to actually take him out! She was beside herself! Just do a quick look around before settling in. Funny... but not!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeball View Post
My wife and I are moving to TV in March with our two cats. Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95 on the way down? Whatever info would be appreciated. We would like to do the trip in two days but may take three depending on how the cats are doing. Thanks.

-Dave-
I use red roof inn they are everywhere
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 AM

We have used the Red Roof in Florence SC right off I95 and Rt 20(?). It was great.Only $40 a night and no charge for the pups.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Sage
Default Pet Friendly with No Charge

Next week we will be driving from Canada to Florida with two dogs and a cat. It takes us about 26 hours and we usually overnight twice. Talking books really help to pass the time.

We take 79/77/95 as we prefer the more scenic route. I know that Red Roof Inns are sometimes pet friendly with a charge. I think Days Inns and Quality Inns are also pet friendly, sometimes without a charge.

If anyone has new information or suggestions for motels along that route, your comments would be most welcome.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
OpusX

Hi Bare. We will be driving down then too. We are leaving Sunday with a 3 night stop in North Carolina to visit my brother so should arrive in TV the evening of 10/21. Heading to Key West for FF on 10/24. See you next week neighbor.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Homeball,

We just stayed at a Days Inn in Florence S.C which was very clean and very inexpensive and is 5 hours from The Villages but there are many websites online if you type in Pet friendly motels.

One of the best sites is www.dogfiendly.com and it lists every pet friendly hotel along I95.
nONIE -
did you stay at the DI at exit 157? Husband and I will be there this Sat nite en route to TV! Soooo looking forward to arrival in TV - it is too cold here at the Jersey Shore! - 'tho it looks almost too warm in TV! We just returned from 10 days in Maine - and I think it was warmer there! Whatever happened to Indian Summer?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX View Post
Hi Bare. We will be driving down then too. We are leaving Sunday with a 3 night stop in North Carolina to visit my brother so should arrive in TV the evening of 10/21. Heading to Key West for FF on 10/24. See you next week neighbor.
Hey Opus, good to hear from you! We'll have to have dinner when you arrive in Belvedere!

I know that you usually travel with two dogs. Do you know any pet free motel chains?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
OpusX

We have stayed at The Days Inn in Lake norman NC. their ad says $25 for pets but they have never charged us. Quality Inn in Rock Hill SC was $10.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Can someone help me. I am traveling from NJ to FL and not sure where to stop for first night. I have a pet traveling with me. What do you suggest to be my first stop location and then the second night.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenegri View Post
Can someone help me. I am traveling from NJ to FL and not sure where to stop for first night. I have a pet traveling with me. What do you suggest to be my first stop location and then the second night.
So happy that you posted this. We will be making the same trip in May with our 11 year old English Cocker Spaniel. We are planning to stop for two nights too, to make it easier on him, and us too!
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM

We stayed in La Quinta motels along the way. They are very pet friendly. Also some Best Westerns are pet friendly. Go to pets welcome.com and you will find all pet friendly lodging

Sent from my iPad
Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We stay at the Holiday Inn in Santee,SC. Nice resteraunt and Bar on property and it is pet friendly.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just be careful when you see a trip magazine advertise "pet friendly". Yes they may be friendly to your pet but not to your wallet for it may cost you up to $!00 clean-up fee. That is the case with most marriotts such as Fairfield, if they do allow pets the cleanup fee may be equal to the price of the room itself.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Sage

Even pet friendly motels often have a pet fee. That is why we are big fans of Red Roof Inns. The first pet stays free. Red Roof Inns are almost all pet friendly, they're known for it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.