lost cat in Caroline

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Thumbs down lost cat in Caroline

our orange and white cat named oscar got out of 349 Mauldin Place night of June 1. Please call if you see him-350-6184. Where do they take lost cats if they find them? hobe65
Oscar is still missing - does anyone know the nearest animal rescue that I should call. I got his id number and called Avid so if they check for his chip, they should call me. my email address is hobe57@aol.com hobe65

Last edited by hobe65; 06-03-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: wrong name and update
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default My Experience

hobe65 first off call the radio station and report your cat being lost. When my indoor cat went missing I would go out very early in the morning when it was quiet and call her name. I did the same thing in the late evening. I did find her after a couple of days. I heard her soft meow in a wooded area close to home. Put up signs at the postal station in Caroline and ask neighbors to check their garages. Cats will scoot into an open garage and hide. Good Luck.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 AM
KittyKat
Unhappy Oh no!!!

I don't think there is a shelter close by. Usually people will put ads in the paper if they find a pet that has no microchip. Hopefully, Oliver is chipped and the finder will take him to a Vet to read the chip. I live in Amelia and I checked my map so I'll take the cart and go look.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Thumbs down Oscar

Thank you so much for your help. I will call radio. I did call his chip company and drive in golf cart and walk. We are leaving our garage open with food and water- will that help. I called in an ad for the paper but wont go in until Tuesday. Also thank you so much to Barbara who drove all over looking for Oscar and my neighbors. hobe
Old 07-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Default Advice

We hope you find your cat. We are moving to The Villages and bringing our cat who likes to guard the yard so he goes out everyday. We won't be able to keep him inside. We are going to have him chipped and wearing a collar with ID and phone on it but we are worried that neighbors may complain. I know about the leash laws but we can't take his freedom from him. My wife is worried about crocs in any nearby lakes but I can't imagine The Villages allowing crocs in any of the local lakes there. I have seen crocs by the Sumpter Landing but that is a large body of water. Can you offer any advice. Thank you and again, we hope your cat is home by now. Ralph and Shirley
Old 07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Kaberngael View Post
We hope you find your cat. We are moving to The Villages and bringing our cat who likes to guard the yard so he goes out everyday. We won't be able to keep him inside. We are going to have him chipped and wearing a collar with ID and phone on it but we are worried that neighbors may complain. I know about the leash laws but we can't take his freedom from him. My wife is worried about crocs in any nearby lakes but I can't imagine The Villages allowing crocs in any of the local lakes there. I have seen crocs by the Sumpter Landing but that is a large body of water. Can you offer any advice. Thank you and again, we hope your cat is home by now. Ralph and Shirley
If I were you I'd listen to your wife.Gators are everywhere I'm the villages.I've seen themin Caroline
in a small pond.I've seen them near the Lake Miona rec center.So no they're not just in the lake.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Kaberngael View Post
In Florida you always assume that each and every body of water has gators. Around here there are always gators and they move from one pond to another. Many of the ponds on the golf courses have gators swimming around....and one day when we were playing, there was a gator chasing a fox squirrel near the green we were on. Gators are fast and kitty might not outrun one. There are also large birds of prey.....and even if they don't take your cat off into the skies, they could attack. I've watched one try to get a rabbit in my back yard. Occasionally there might even be a gator in a neighborhood....you never know with these beasties.

Please, keep your kitty indoors or in the lanai. He will probably adjust to the change faster than you will....

Last edited by pooh; 07-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.