Lost cat - large orange male tabby

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
There was another sighting over the weekend. This one in Briarwood, where he was seen sitting under a car. Someone there is watching out for him, but if anyone knows anyone in Briarwood that would be willing to put out a trap, that would be even better. I have two havahart traps for use and can supply the trap and tuna.

Marcia
Thank you Marcia.
Thank you Tony.

Our fingers and toes and paws are crossed for Oliver to return to his loved people.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Sage

Plus my fingers and toes and my dog's and cat's paws. Ollie, we all want you back home!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Plus my fingers and toes and my dog's and cat's paws. Ollie, we all want you back home!
Eyes?

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
There was another sighting over the weekend. This one in Briarwood, where he was seen sitting under a car. Someone there is watching out for him, but if anyone knows anyone in Briarwood that would be willing to put out a trap, that would be even better. I have two havahart traps for use and can supply the trap and tuna.

Marcia
Why don't you go to that village and put the trap out yourself? Are you not physically able to do this? If someone sighted Oliver under a car, is there a reason you yourself cannot put the trap nearby? Do you need help?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Default Oliver - Briarwood

The reason I cannot put the trap out myself is that I live and work out of state (in Texas).

I had loaned my beloved Oliver, on a long term basis, to my equally loved Dad, a Village resident as they had bonded when I moved last year from Jacksonville to Dallas. I have no problems putting traps, food, treats out....but sigh....now live several states away so it is difficult for me to respond on a timely basis. Which is why this bulletin board has been so good for me. A friend of mine, also a Village resident, is helping me get Oliver back. I've purchased traps, food, tuna fish, treats, newspaper ads, a weekly note on the radio station, and for the spaying of one cat, which turned out to be very feral.

I have been back at least once per month since Ollie went missing. I spent all weekend (8 am-10 pm) of those days looking.

Marcia
Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Well then, please PM me, and I'll set and monitor the trap for you.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage

Marcia, my heart aches for you. Being physically absent makes the situation even more difficult for you. It is very obvious how much you love Oliver. I wish I could help but we're leaving shortly for Canada for six months.

But if prayers and love and good wishes can help, I'm sending them all to you and to Oliver.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Default Olliver and distance (mine...sigh...)

Having Oliver go missing has caused my heart to rip in two. He is the perfect cat -- good in the house, good in the car, affectionate and obedient. If I could afford to live in The Villages and somehow commute to my work, I would. Sigh....

As it is right now I know the pain of having lost something that has been the light of my life in the last few years. In many ways Oliver is like my child and I'd just like him back.

Thanks for eveyone's support.

Marcia
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Having Oliver go missing has caused my heart to rip in two. He is the perfect cat -- good in the house, good in the car, affectionate and obedient. If I could afford to live in The Villages and somehow commute to my work, I would. Sigh....

As it is right now I know the pain of having lost something that has been the light of my life in the last few years. In many ways Oliver is like my child and I'd just like him back.

Thanks for eveyone's support. Marcia
Marcia, you have many friends on TOTV. Don't worry about Oliver being hungry. It's a great time of the year for cats to find food outside, lots of tasty tidbits around. Please don't give up hope. I carry a picture of Oliver in my golfcart and show it to people I meet, at the dog park, etc. Many people are looking for Oliver. K-9 is a wonderful person and loves animals. I know she'll help you as much as she can. Good luck!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum member

What if we had a picnic in the area where Oliver was last seen? Everyone could bring their own lunch with a tuna sandwich. I'd even bring some extra cans of tuna. Just sit around and visit for an hour.

What else, besides tuna, draws Oliver?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Default Picnic for Oliver

Starflyte,

Love the idea! How clever!!

I have sat out several evenings in the area, typically beginning at 6 pm until after 9 pm holding an open can of tunafish, a jar of treats and calling his name. Shaking the treat jar used to be very effective for rounding him up.

You may call me the cat whisperer as each time I ended up attracting ... other cats, but not Oliver. As soon as I said hello, each one would take off like greased lightening, which is typically a sure sign that said cat is not domesticated. Oliver would most likely be shy in his approach but hunger would drive him forward.

Oliver went missing from the far western end of Glenbrook. I have searched high and low in that neighborhood and all 6 houses in each direction several times. 70% of cats apparently never go beyond 6 houses away; apparently my beloved Oliver is in the other 30%. I have also searched several times the golf course, maintenance yard, posted flyers, run newspaper ads, run an announcemnt on the radio station, posted flyers at the postal stations, issued an amber alert using a commercial service, notified every shelter and vet clinic within a 20 mile radius.

There are about 625 other shelters in Florida, but time to run off and mail all those flyers has been an issue as I'm also working full time. I did reach out to the shelters in Marion County, including Ocala.

Thus, having the ability to write on this e-bulletin board has been a godsend. My sweet Oliver is out there....somewhere. I am hoping/praying that someone will feed him and get him into a contained space so I can come pick him up. I can also be reached via a private message here.

Thanks all,

Marcia
Old 04-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Sage

Hi Marcia,

I'm not in TV now, but sending love down your way. I know how your heart aches. As Bare said, please don't give up hope. Ollie is in a great environment for finding food; and may of us are praying for Ollie's return home.

Love and hugs,
Pturner
Old 04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Default Oliver - where are you?

I'll next be back on May 1-2.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Default Oliver - where are you, II

Here's his picture, again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.