Lost cat - large orange male tabby

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Marcia the bond you have with Oliver is unbreakable and to be admired. I feel the same way about my avatar Duffy. I'm always on full scan looking for him and know that you will be reunited soon; he survived the big outdoors before and he can do it again.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Default how to post pic of kitty

MJB,
I'm the mommy of the lost grey tabby. I'm sorry about your kitty.

To post your pics..log in, open your post, select "edit" (Don't try the attach image option. That will only work if you have pics stored online.) Instead, click the "advanced" button.

On the menu at top of frame you will see a paperclip. Click that. It will give you a "browse" option. Click browse. Go to "my pictures" (if that's where you have them stored on your computer). Click upload. They will NOT appear on the edit screen. Below the screen is a button to "preview" if you want to see how will look. Then click save. Your pics will appear in your post.

I hope this helps bring your baby home.
Take care,
Amy
Old 06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Default love my cat

I wish you luck with finding the very inportant part of your family......I am sure he will come home soon....
Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 AM

[QUOTE=mjb902;332495]Hello,

My cat, Oliver, escaped accidentally from his house on Whiting Way Thursday Feb. 17, 2011. Whiting Way is off Worth Circle and off Talley Ridge.

A few months ago I seen an orange cat poke his head around my door, but as soon as I approached the door he was gone. Had I known you were looking for him I would have called you. Our cat Pumpkin went missing a few weeks ago. I am afraid one of the big birds like an eagle may have gotten her. She has a chip and every time the phone rings I think someone found her. My other 2 cats miss her she was very loving.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage

I woke up this morning thinking about Oliver. I'm wondering if there are have been any recent sightings.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage

He and Pumpkin are waiting for your return from the frozen north so that you can find them and give them a great big hug!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Default Oliver Sightings

Barefoot and Others<

There have two sightings in the last few weeks.

One occurred today. Someone I reached out to earlier set up a humane/hav a hart trap and trapped a rusty orange kitty with light green eyes...just like Oliver. The person took him to the vet and alas, we found out that the trapped kitty hadn't been neutered as Ollie is. So, I made arrangements to have him re-released.

The other sighting was in June in the Carbondale area, a section of streets in Glenbrook near CR 101. Although I reached out to a few people there no one has seen Ollie or one of his lookalikes since.

Thus, I am still trying to roundup Oliver. It seems there are many orange-ish/rusty tabby cats running around the Villages. What I need, and am praying for, is for someone to capture the rusty tabby cat they see. A garage, or a cardboard box will do. Then reach out to me here and I will make arrangements to have that cat checked/verified and if it is Ollie, boarded until I am next in Florida and can pick him up.

Thanks, everyone, for continuing with all the good work. I sense Oliver is out there...somewhere...and has wandered into someone's else's life.

Marcia
Old 07-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Sage

Marcia,

Keeping a good thought that you are reunited with Oliver.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Default Oliver aka Ollie

I am back in the Villages this week. The last sighting I had was near Worth Circle, one of the perpendicular streets to Talley Ridge. A lady I met on the bus thought she had seen Oliver there in June. Alas, she was out of Florida for a month before I heard the news.

I will be posting more flyers in the next few days.

Marcia
Old 08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
I am back in the Villages this week. The last sighting I had was near Worth Circle, one of the perpendicular streets to Talley Ridge. A lady I met on the bus thought she had seen Oliver there in June. Alas, she was out of Florida for a month before I heard the news.
I will be posting more flyers in the next few days.
Marcia
I often think of you and Oliver. I'm glad you haven't given up. Good luck and hugs to you!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Sage

You and Oliver have remained in my thoughts too. Sitings are encouraging. We would collectively jump for joy at a reunion.

I hope. I hope. I hope.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 AM

I realize this is well past the origional post date. But... I saw a large Orange Tabby Cat walk past the house in my backyard (Hacienda South) this morning. He did not appear hungary, looks like he is eating well somewhere... I opened my rear door to call out to him but he took off like a rocket and once he had enough distance between us, turned and look back at me. Showed no interest in coming back. I don't know if this is your cat, but this guy looked pretty healthy for an outdoor cat and has adapted to being on his own.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Default Rust/orange tabby

Thanks for posting. I've basically found that domesticated cats will tend not to take off like little rockets when you speak to them. The feral ones do.

There seem to be a number of orange tabby cats wandering around The Villages. So far, I've picked up 4. The closest match hadn't been neutered so I re-released him. One, I had neutered and he also was re-released.

It has been 6 months, a long time. I think he has wormed his way into someone's heart by now; however, as cats to come back even after many months, I remain hopeful.

Oliver had been timid but friendly. Timid to the point of being slightly shy/standoffish, but friendly.

Thanks for posting.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Default Oliver

For what it's worth: There is an ad in the paper today about a yellow tabby. Not much description and no tel-just said it was near Coconuts, east side of 441. Wish there was more info but they just said cat was in distress and they were unable to catch.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Smile Lost cat - Oliver update 2013

Everyone,

If anyone has seen a reddish-orange tabby cat, a neutered male, with greenish eyes, I'd be very interested in getting him back.

As you may recall Oliver aka Ollie went missing almost two years ago, and yes, I quietly hope he is out there somewhere.

Oliver is micro-chipped, although as I have moved I'll have to update the contact information. If anyone sees him, try to get him into an enclosed space using food or treats. Then get in touch with me: via a private message here.

I can send pictures and visit The Villages about once every few weeks.

OliversMom aka Marcia
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.