Lost cat - large orange male tabby

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Sage

bump
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I saw the picture of Oliver in todays paper under Lost & Found. My heart goes out to you and all the effort you have put into finding him. We'll keep the faith and wait for his safe return.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Angry Lost Cat

last week while in the villages, my husband and I were driving on Bailey Trail and I noticed a tabby cat sitting near some bushes on a right side street off Bailey Trail, somewhere between Bethune Way and St Charles, don't know if your Oliver would have traveled that far, but you never know. I do hope you find him, I know how heartbreaking it can be to lose a pet. Wishing you the best.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I'm hoping and praying for the day that I can place a nice "WAHOO" graphic on this thread for Oliver! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Hope you and Oliver are soon reunited.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Default Oliver

The prior poster suggested a link to an The Villages Pet Finder website with Oliver's details. While I am happy to share the link, some of the details of the ad are incorrect.

If you see Oliver, please call either me on my cell at (703) 217-3785, or a friend, Sandy, at (352) 406-9518. Even better would be to try and coax him into an enclosed space using a bit of tuna. One teaspoon should do the trick. Ollie is vaccinnated and generally, timid but friendly.

I do appreciate everyone's concern, prayers and good thoughts.

There was a sighting two nights ago that Oliver was seen around the Glenbrook postal station. I am continuing to work on his capture and safe return.

Marcia
Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Default Oliver Sighting

Someone saw Oliver in the last 2 days near the Glenbrook postal station. I have had other reports of people seeing him there or nearby as well. Each time I have gone to the Glenbrook postal station Oliver has not been there.

Please be aware that there are two orange tabby cats in the vicinity. Oliver is one, and the other is a long-hair orange cat.

The long hair cat is feral. I know as I earlier found him in a humane trap. I had him neutered and vaccinated against various feline issues, including rabies. When the vets do that to feral cats, they "tip"one ear to indicate that particular kitty has already been neutered. This is visible from a distance. Oliver's ears, by contrast, are in tact (or at least they were the last time I saw him...). The tipping lets the viewer know that this particular cat has already been taken care of and is feral. Against my better judgment, I was told to re-release him in roughly the same neighborhood he was trapped in, which was in the general vicinity of Glenbrook.

If you decide to approach Oliver, I'd suggest you very, very quietly and slowly approach him and extend a couple of fingers first. That way, in the way most cats do, he can "sniff you out first. Oliver is a domesticated cat so he won't run if you approach him slowly. A feral will take off like a rocket the moment they see a human and./or a human with a dog, or hear a human say hello.

What I need someone to do is to try and get Oliver into a container or enclosed space so I can come pick him up. That could be a cardboard box, a carrier, or a small enclosed space. If it is a box, please just make certain Oliver can breathe. If you have a little bit of dry cat food to entice him that might help. I am certain he must be quite hungry.

I still miss my little Ollie so much and appreciate all the good people of The Villages.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

If you want to entice Oliver, don't use dry food. Open a can of tuna IN OIL and that will command the attention of any cat.

(From my old cat-trapping days in Animal Control).
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Default Enticing Oliver

The last poster is correct -- tuna packed in oil, not water is any stray's dish of choice. Dry kibble will work in a pinch, tho'.

Again, thanks, one and all, I am hopeful either he will come back or be found, soon!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
If you decide to approach Oliver, I'd suggest you very, very quietly and slowly approach him and extend a couple of fingers first. That way, in the way most cats do, he can "sniff you out first. Oliver is a domesticated cat so he won't run if you approach him slowly. A feral will take off like a rocket the moment they see a human and./or a human with a dog, or hear a human say hello.

What I need someone to do is to try and get Oliver into a container or enclosed space so I can come pick him up. That could be a cardboard box, a carrier, or a small enclosed space. If it is a box, please just make certain Oliver can breathe. If you have a little bit of dry cat food to entice him that might help. I am certain he must be quite hungry.

I still miss my little Ollie so much and appreciate all the good people of The Villages.
Your last note brought tears to my eyes. You have done so much good for the feral cats and now Ollie is lost. Do you think that putting a humane trap at the Post Office once again would trap Oliver if he is in the vicinity? He would be hungry and he may go for it. I'm praying that he is found soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Default Coaxing Oliver inside

Thank you, DuffysMom. I am trying to do what it takes to get my beloved Ollie back...and helping out The Villages in terms of humanely treating one more stray.

If you have cats at home, be aware that you may see Ollie. A couple of people have called to say they have seen him "talking" to their pets when perched on a windowsill. This often happens early in the morning and in the early evening -- times that I normally feed him. Thus, without putting anyone out, if you have a bit of tuna, packed in oil, or dry kibble you might be able to coax him into a safe place. Then text me at seven oh three two one seven three seven eight five, or via bracemj at yahoo dot com. I can arrange to get someone to pick Ollie up. Sigh....but I work out of town; fortunately, a friend will pick Oliver up. I've already arranged to have him boarded at Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital until I can come pick him up.

The key now is to get him safely contained. Yes, I'll reimburse for costs associated with his safe return (tuna, etc).

Thanks again, everyone.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Default Oliver aka Ollie

Also, I am offering a reward for his safe return.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Sage

I am so sad that you have not yet been reunited with Ollie. The sitings make me hopeful though and I pray for his safe return.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
Also, I am offering a reward for his safe return.
I keep clicking on this thread, hoping that I can finally read about Ollie's safe return. Do you want us to come up as a group to do a massive search for Ollie? I'm more than willing.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Default Oliver - The Villages Most Wanted Feline!

I too keep hoping and wishing Oliver will be found and returned to me. There have been several sightings in the last few days, all in the general vicinity of Glenbrook postal station. I am working with several people in terms of placing humane/havahart traps where he has been seen. He seems to be a tad elusive.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Ollie1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	180  
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.