Lost cat - large orange male tabby

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Every time I see a post by you, I hope it is that Ollie has been found and I'm so sad for you when I see that it isn't. The good news he has been sighted and cats really are pretty self-reliant, even our spoiled house kitties. Here's hoping the traps get him for you.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Every time I see a post by you, I hope it is that Ollie has been found and I'm so sad for you when I see that it isn't. The good news he has been sighted and cats really are pretty self-reliant, even our spoiled house kitties. Here's hoping the traps get him for you.
Me too....
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Default Oliver's fur

He is a dark orange tabby cat, except for the white on his belly, shown above. Looking at him head on, you'd probably never guess he had any white on him. Think: dark orange, about the color of rust, tabby. Was a big neutered boy, about 16 lbs. when he went misisng.

When he went missing, he had a collar on with two tags on it. The collar and the cat may have been separated. He is probably very hungry and thirsty.

If you have him or see him, please oh please get in touch with me. His human mama, me, wants him back!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
He is a dark orange tabby cat, except for the white on his belly, shown above. Looking at him head on, you'd probably never guess he had any white on him. Think: dark orange, about the color of rust, tabby. Was a big neutered boy, about 16 lbs. when he went misisng.

When he went missing, he had a collar on with two tags on it. The collar and the cat may have been separated. He is probably very hungry and thirsty.

If you have him or see him, please oh please get in touch with me. His human mama, me, wants him back!
I think....someone must be feeding him or has taken him in. We need the Sun to do a story on this. Someone doesn't know where Oliver should be.

Does anyone know anyone who writes for the Sun? Do you have a couple of good pictures?

Oh...I so want him to be home with you.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
I too keep hoping and wishing Oliver will be found and returned to me. There have been several sightings in the last few days, all in the general vicinity of Glenbrook postal station. I am working with several people in terms of placing humane/havahart traps where he has been seen. He seems to be a tad elusive.
That is a great idea, humane traps with tuna. I'm sure he is hungry and wants to be found by his human mama.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Default Oliver - The Villages Daily Sun

Graciegirl,

Thanks for a wonderful suggestion. There is a terrific back story to how I met Oliver, and I'd love to be able to speak to a reporter about it. If anyone has any contacts with a reporter, please let me know, either via here or privately.

I think that may be the best way to find him at this point.

I just hope my little guy is ok and getting enough to eat. I'm still heartbroken...

Marcia
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Possible Ollie Sighting!

Tonight around 8:20pm we spotted a rust colored tabby, pretty large, right in front of The Villages High School. Mrs. K9 got out of her car and called "Ollie" and the cat turned to look and then ran very quickly into a clump of bushes in front of the school. That cat is quick! It was twilight and a little hard to see, but it appeared that the tip of the cat's tail was a bit lighter color than the rest of him.

This was across from Bonefish Grill right in the front yard of the high school. Hope that was your Ollie. Why not set a humane trap with tuna in oil in the clump of bushes right in front of the school? Even if you catch the wrong cat, you can always release him.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Default Possible Oliver sighting at the High School

Does anyone know anyone who lives around the Villages High School who can agree to set out a humane/havahart trap for Ollie? I can supply the trap and tunafish packed in oil. If so, please let me know.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I volunteer to check the trap every afternoon, although I don't live there.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Here's another volunteer. Just tell me where you want traps placed and I'll happily check them for you daily. I'm pretty much all over TV daily anyway. I sure hope you find the big lug.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Default Oliver & Humane/Havahart

K-9 Lover and Redwitch,

Thank you both for your kind offer. I may take you up on those offers and will let you know somewhat later on.

Marcia
Old 03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I would help too. We are leaving Saturday.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just read your note. I'm close to the High School and would love to help in any way I can.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage

We used to back on the golf course behind The Villages Charter School. I can tell you that are a lot of orange feral cats in that area. Sadly, a whole lot of orange cats. But of course, that doesn't mean that Oliver isn't there, and I'd be willing to help out with a live trap.

If it makes you feel better, cats have lots to eat in the wild here, geckos, and frogs, and baby bunnies. I know, it is sad, but survival of the fittest.

Marcia, I'll pitch in any way I can. My heart goes out to you. I keep hoping to read good news on this thread, and that Oliver is back home eating Fancy Feast. I'm more than willing to do a search on the weekend.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Sage

I woke up today thinking about Oliver. I'm wondering if there have been any recent sightings?

The radio station is always talking about missing pets, have you called them? I'm assuming you've posted bulletins with Oliver's picture in the area and at Rec Centers and Pools? Do you need help calling all the local humane societies, petfinder, etc.?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.