Lost our cat today 1/31

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I've mentioned this before and it has worked for me and others. In the evening or early morning before the noise of the day begins, walk around and call his name. My lost kitty was close to home but was too fearful to come out and when all was quiet I called to her and heard a small meow. I did this for a few days so please do not give up hope.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Any word on the missing cat. The post hasn't had much activity today. Just wondering. If nothing else, it might be a good idea to renew the awareness.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

Duffysmom is correct. Once the noise simmers down at night (cars, golfcarts, etc) take a flashlight and walk around calling his name (in a soft voice). If he likes treats, take a bag with you and shake it. Walk around where he's been spotted and ask your neighbors to check their garages. if he's in a garage, don't open the door - the noise will spook him.

Good luck; he's a handsome kitty.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hoping to hear joyful news.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Default The Villages radio

Please call The Villages radio station and report that your cat is missing...they announce it hourly...beautiful cat.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

You have a beautiful cat. I can't tell in the picture if he has a collar and identification on, but I just would like to remind everyone that identification on your pet is invaluable. This way someone who finds your lost loved cat can return him. If he doesn't, they might just keep him, especially if he's as lovable as he seems.

Please keep a collar on your pet and an ID tag with your name and address on it.

Also; post a flier at every mail drop you can and, like advised, notify the radio station.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Sage

Good luck, I hope your cat has returned. If not and you want my help looking, please PM me and I'll be there.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:14 PM

No - there is no news. Picture and notice posted at the Briar Meadow mail drop and will put another at the Springdale mail drop in the morning. WVLG is broadcasting our problem, we walk around in the early morning and late evening as it is getting dark. We have many neighbors alerted to the situation and there has not been a single sighting - which we find strange. We have checked with Marion County animal services who use "petharbor.com" to list all of their foundlings - what a wonderful organization that is. We are trying all of your ideas - the tuna at the door was very good, our neighbors came over with a box of crackers and ate it (just kidding). Neighborhood watch is alerted. Thanks for all of your help - it is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know it's hard, but hang in there. Odds are he will come back in a few days. The biggest worry is a car or a predator and he's big enough and healthy enough that a predator is a slight risk.

I don't know if you were around when someone lost their cat on the historic side. They and their kitty were new, so the cat did not know his surroundings at all. Worse, they were leaving in a few days. Their cat was missing for 7 days. He came home the day before they left (if I remember correctly). We were all cheering!

The odds really do favor your mouseketeer (pun intended) coming home safe and sound in a few days.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Platinum member

I am still waiting for the good news that your cat has returned. Don't forget to leave a door open and the tuna ready.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

We're all rooting for you and your kitty. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowleesCreekYachtClub View Post
No - there is no news. Picture and notice posted at the Briar Meadow mail drop and will put another at the Springdale mail drop in the morning. WVLG is broadcasting our problem, we walk around in the early morning and late evening as it is getting dark. We have many neighbors alerted to the situation and there has not been a single sighting - which we find strange. We have checked with Marion County animal services who use "petharbor.com" to list all of their foundlings - what a wonderful organization that is. We are trying all of your ideas - the tuna at the door was very good, our neighbors came over with a box of crackers and ate it (just kidding). Neighborhood watch is alerted. Thanks for all of your help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please keep us posted. We care.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:59 AM

No news to report but we are going to the Marion County animal services today.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Default Good Luck

I was so hoping that you had found your cat. Feel free to ask us to go out and look...
Old 02-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Did you call the tile guys? Maybe the cat jumped into their van?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.