Would you like a dachshund on a temporary basis?

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Gold member
Default Would you like a dachshund on a temporary basis?

Would you like to have a dog on a temporary basis without having all the expense? Maybe you would like to have a little companion to love on, but don't want to commit the next decade or so to taking care of a dog. Or you don't want to spend the money on vet bills. Fostering may be the answer for you. Florida Dachshund Rescue is looking for foster homes so they can save more dachshunds. They pay the vet bills. You just have to love the dog, feed it, exercise it, take it to vet appointments (paid for by the rescue), discipline it when necessary, and enjoy it until a forever home is found.

It is a great way to have a dog, but not be committed for the life of the dog and not have expensive vet bills. Plus you are helping save a life. Dogs die in shelters every day because there are not enough foster homes. You can always try it once to see if it is for you. Please consider fostering. Here is a link to the foster application.

http://fldr.org/foster/foster-application/
Old 05-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Platinum member
Default Wish I could.

This sounds like such a great idea. I wish I could participate and take one in. Are foster homes considered that already have other small dogs?
Old 05-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Gold member

Just because you have other pets does not rule you out as a foster parent.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I hope you get a lot of volunteers, GeoGeo. What a heartwarming thread, unlike some others recently where people are trying to dump their pets that have become inconvenient to their lifestyle. Blessings to you and the organization.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Would you like to have a dog on a temporary basis without having all the expense? Maybe you would like to have a little companion to love on, but don't want to commit the next decade or so to taking care of a dog. Or you don't want to spend the money on vet bills. Fostering may be the answer for you. Florida Dachshund Rescue is looking for foster homes so they can save more dachshunds. They pay the vet bills. You just have to love the dog, feed it, exercise it, take it to vet appointments (paid for by the rescue), discipline it when necessary, and enjoy it until a forever home is found.

It is a great way to have a dog, but not be committed for the life of the dog and not have expensive vet bills. Plus you are helping save a life. Dogs die in shelters every day because there are not enough foster homes. You can always try it once to see if it is for you. Please consider fostering. Here is a link to the foster application.

http://fldr.org/foster/foster-application/
GeoGeo ... You consistently try to protect vulnerable pets. Bless your heart.
It's a great idea to foster. Not only do you save a dog's life, you get to feel really good about yourself!
Old 05-17-2015, 01:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Kudos to You!

GeoGeo -- I always read your comments, thoughts and requests because you do so much good for all poor little creatures who cannot speak for themselves. I try to bump your threads to bring more attention to them.

Please consider this post a bump but also a shower of appreciation for all you do!
Old 05-17-2015, 06:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
GeoGeo -- I always read your comments, thoughts and requests because you do so much good for all poor little creatures who cannot speak for themselves. I try to bump your threads to bring more attention to them.

Please consider this post a bump but also a shower of appreciation for all you do!
An excellent idea.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I agree!
Old 05-18-2015, 05:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Old 05-19-2015, 08:03 AM
Gold member

Not doing it for the praise, but i appreciate your kind words. Thank you guys.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

And bump, again.
It's for a good cause!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Sage

My favorite doxie was a wire-haired named Shotzy. She was in love with our first golden retriever. They had a trawler and we had a sailboat, docked side by side. She would sit on her gunnel (gunwale) and stare into our cockpit at our dog stretched out on the seat, head propped on our gunnel. Stare at each other for hours.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.