Main Coon Cat looking for a new home

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Default Main Coon Cat looking for a new home

I need a new home. My name is Zeeba, I’m a Maine Coon Cat mix, about 6 years old and weigh 20 pounds. I was neutered when young and they de-clawed my front claws. I’ve lived indoors with no other animal exposure except this thing called a ‘baby’ that has turned my life upside down! When they brought this little human baby home, at first I thought it was cool and I even agreed to share my bedroom with him… but they began to shut me out of my own room!!!! He’s now 11 months old and has been trying to chase me all over the place. Now he can stand on his side of the gate and yells and yells to try to get me to come and play. I’m a pretty playful cat and love having my neck and face brushed, eating ice in my water and enjoy a game of “chase the ribbon” and “climb in the bag” like any other normal cat, but the little baby tends to want to pull my fur, sit on me, and squeal in my face! So … to make a long story short, if you or someone you know like well-built coon cats (I’m quite handsome if you look at my picture I’m sure you’ll agree!) … Please consider inviting me to come live with you. The baby's grandparents who live in The Villages are coming in February and they have offered to let me hitch a ride with them if anyone would be willing to offer me lodging. Please private message them and these kind people will give you the phone number of my owners who can tell you all about me.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Zebba2.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	46905   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Zebba.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	46906  
Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

My heart goes out to you. May I suggest your Mom and Dad teach your new little brother some animal respect. He won't be 11 months for long.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:09 PM

They are working on it.... the other challenge is mom and dad and baby are moving for one year to the mid-west - so finding new housing that allows kitties has added to an already challenged little family structure.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:16 PM

PS - If anyone is interested in Zeeba, he of course is free to a good and loving home.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Gold member
Default And how do you teach an 11mo. old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
My heart goes out to you. May I suggest your Mom and Dad teach your new little brother some animal respect. He won't be 11 months for long.
respect? No he won't be 11mo's old for long, but while he is he won't understand the "respect" attitude. As for when he's older well that's an entirely different matter isn't it? The problem is now I believe.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
respect? No he won't be 11mo's old for long, but while he is he won't understand the "respect" attitude. As for when he's older well that's an entirely different matter isn't it? The problem is now I believe.
An 11 month old does understand the word no.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We raised two babies with three cats. The babies learned how to treat the cats because we taught them how. We also found places we could rent that took cats without a problem (and this was in the '70s & '80s). I know it's not easy, but it distresses me when the family pet is discarded as soon as the babies come along.

But that's just me. I had to say it. I hope the Maine Coon Cat finds a loving home. My late brother had a Maine Coon, and if we didn't have a bird, I would take this one just as a way to remember.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:59 PM

Hi Zeeba,

I can't have a cat due to allergies in the family. But I will tell you true that if ever I were to have a cat, I would look for a Maine Coon Cat. I have always heard that Maine Coon Cats are well known for their charming, loving personalities -- kind of like dogs. In addition to being known for all that charm, I think your breed is known also for size. . . Shall we say -- A Substantial Kitty. -- I like that in a cat.

If anyone wants to know more about your breed, I hope they will give it a Google.

You seem like such a lovely cat, but here you are, caught in one of those transitions life can bring. And with those toddlers, parents really do have to choose their battles, I know. I feel sure it makes them sad to have to find a new home for you. But these things have to happen sometimes. They are trying to do what they think is best for everybody, including you, Zeeba. And they probably feel guilty, but I think parents of toddlers need to be cut a little slack. Toddlers have all that energy and they can run astonishingly fast. Toddlers are in the moment.

Toddlers are a joy but they sure are a handful. -- Besides, what with being shut out of your own room and probably not getting nearly as much attention as you are used to and all that fur-pulling and sitting on you, I bet you yourself are ready to pack up your toys and your bowl and your bed and move on down the road to live with somebody new who will have the time and place for you.

So anyway, even though you cannot be mine, I hope that when February comes, your grandparents get to bring you to The Villages to live out your life in sunshine and fun and lots of love. Please let us know how this all turns out.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Truthfully, this entire story makes me ill. I'm hoping your daughter can read all these posts on this thread because it is she who needs training. She needs to teach her son -- yes, even at 11-months old -- that pets need respect and quiet time. This 11-month old needs to be taught there are consequences for not behaving properly. Yes -- even at 11-months of age.

My heart goes out to this kitty who is being treated like a pariah, and like an item, not a live being.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 PM

I have a Maine Coone cat that looks alot like the one posted here. His name is Rocky. He is the most loveable , sweet, loving, cat we've ever had. He is a big baby. Anyone who decides to adopt this cat will never regret it. I already have 2 and can't take another or I would. I hope the family works things out because it is such a shamefor this cat to be moved to another home the cat didn't do anything wrong.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:54 PM

DITTO BONANZA!!...good training starts in childhood......
Old 01-07-2015, 11:34 PM

I'm afraid my humor have lead some to believe that Zeeba isn't loved or cared for. The pictures show that is not the case and he will continue to be loved if another loving home can not be found.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Truthfully, this entire story makes me ill. I'm hoping your daughter can read all these posts on this thread because it is she who needs training. She needs to teach her son -- yes, even at 11-months old -- that pets need respect and quiet time. This 11-month old needs to be taught there are consequences for not behaving properly. Yes -- even at 11-months of age.

My heart goes out to this kitty who is being treated like a pariah, and like an item, not a live being.

As Future Villager said, this cat did nothing wrong, what a shame.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We raised two babies with cats. One cat loved to be mauled; the other not. We trained the babies as best we could and provided a safe haven for the cat (our bed, of course) that didn't want to be handled.

When we had to put that cat down at age 20, our 16-year-old son went out into the backyard and dug a whole up to his chest so that when we buried our beloved cat, no creature from the woods could ever get to him.

The two babies and the two cats ended up being great friends. And what's more, the two babies, ages 36 & 41, to this day still have cats of their own.

From the picture of your daughter who has made birthday "cat" cakes, she loves this cat. I hope she will reconsider. It won't take long for this stage to pass.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoe View Post
I'm afraid my humor have lead some to believe that Zeeba isn't loved or cared for. The pictures show that is not the case and he will continue to be loved if another loving home can not be found.

Dafoe, I understood. I could tell from your post that Zeeba is loved. I felt sure his family would never let him go except to a really special home. And if he has to find a new home, what better place than in The Villages.

I hope this all works out. I bet it will.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.