Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoe View Post
Zeeba gets a new home!
L I K E
Old 01-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Great news. I love our kitties more every day. I think as you get older, animals have even a bigger place in your heart.

I have always loved animals, but had to be about the business of life, Now our kitties and me..we have time to hang out.

I hope Zeeba finds joy and brings joy. Mikey, Harry and Hershey wish her well.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 PM

This is really good news. I've been watching in the background hoping a home is found. We have rescued our share and currently have two loving cats. Joy!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am thrilled to hear that Zeeba search has landed her a new home.

Please tell us about it.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:43 PM

Wonderful!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Dafoe, you will find that TOTVers think everyone needs their advice on how to run their lives. I believe the only thing you asked was if anyone wanted a cat.
So true. Dafoe, please don't let the naysayers brow beat you for making an effort to find a loving home for your grandkitty. Yes children can be taught how to treat animals at an early age, but we can't always teach kitties that the children mostly want to play and will learn to play nice. Children and adults often move too rapidly frightening animals, so they act out in order to protect themselves. One daughter's kitty was living with us temporarily, when step-daughter's children came for a visit. Step-daughter's family are not cat people like us. Step-granddaughter was petting the kitty and all was fine, until step-grandson decided it would be funny to pull the cats tail. Step-granddaughter was scratched because she was in the cat's line of sight. I had to rescue kitty from an angry Grandpa, tell grandpa what had happened, end result, step-grandson was punished, but wouldn't you know, he did it again a couple of days later. He was 10! He was punished again, but we were not giving him a 3rd chance, so for the cat's "protection" and to avoid sending the sister home full of scratches, we moved kitty to another part of the house under lock and key so grandson could not torment a loving kitty and change his personality. Twenty years later we found out that step-grandson had convinced his sister that the cat was evil and told his mother that kitty had scratched granddaughter for no reason. Fortunately grandpa saw the second incident so we were both able to tell his daughter that we had not put their children in harms way by housing an evil cat. Due to that behavior and so many others step-grandchildren were never invited to visit without parents again! Some times kids and animals are just not a good mix!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:10 PM

Update: Thanks to all the well wishers! Zeeba is settling into his new forever home... Thank you Patty for opening your home and heart to Zeeba. Many blessings to you and your family!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:20 PM

This maine coon has been declawed and does not board well....he gets an attitude...any suggestions....thanks Patty
Old 05-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Oh, the things they don't tell you. Does he get an attitude generally, or only when boarded? If only when boarded, then maybe an in-house sitter or someone who comes in every day to feed him would be a better option.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

This poor cat. And what a shame for you as a good-hearted soul.
A cat that doesn't board well, will never board well.

I know because I have one.
We went to China for 3 weeks and she wouldn't eat.
Thankfully, she was boarded with out vet and he had to IV feed her, but at least she didn't have an attitude..
Old 05-20-2015, 05:02 AM
Sage

That;s one of the downsides of declawing a cat. They are obsessively defensive because they have no defenses. Poor kitty.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-20-2015, 05:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Cats are very place-oriented. Most don't like leaving what they're used to. Boarding can be disastrous for some kitties. Sounds like your big guy is one of those. If he's the shy type (rare for a Maine Coon), just having someone come in once a day for kitty litter change, food and water usually works. If he likes people, then at least two visits a day, with at least one of these being an hour, is best. If you're leaving for an extended stay, having someone spend the night at least every third night is a good idea.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2015, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Oh, the things they don't tell you. Does he get an attitude generally, or only when boarded? If only when boarded, then maybe an in-house sitter or someone who comes in every day to feed him would be a better option.
ahhhh, now......maybe they never boarded the cat. I boarded 1 cat ONCE and never have again...that was in 1995. We always have people come in to the home to care for the cat/cats. It's a lot easier on them and I feel better knowing they are home.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
ahhhh, now......maybe they never boarded the cat. I boarded 1 cat ONCE and never have again...that was in 1995. We always have people come in to the home to care for the cat/cats. It's a lot easier on them and I feel better knowing they are home.
I completely agree.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.