Dog Parks in TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Default Dog Parks in TV

I am moving to TV in February with one small dog. How many dog parks are there in TV, and where are they? Do you have to pay to use them?

Thank you.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

There are three dog friendly leash-free parks in The Villages. These parks are fenced in play areas for both large and small dogs so the dogs can run freely and socialize with other dogs. These parks also have doggy amenities like water and waste stations and people amenities like benches and pleasant scenery. The Villages Dog Parks are:
Paradise Park east side of golf cart bridge
Mulberry- Belle Meade Circle adjacent to the fitness trail near the Village of Springdale
Brinson/Perry 1231 Bonita Boulevard

Hours: 7am Dusk

Dog Park users must be 13 years of age or older and must have their Villages Resident ID card or a valid guest ID card and a photo ID. Guest 13-18 years of age must be accompanied by a Village resident or guest 19 years of age or older.

Further information is available at the entrance to the dog parks or call 674-1800.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

There is a brand new dog park which is going to be built at the southern end of The Villages, where Brownwood is located. Actually, it will be close to the new Publix shopping center on Route 44, but with internal access from TV.

Final plans are being worked out and hopefully, construction will be starting soon. When built, it will be the nicest dog park within TV.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:27 AM

I am so excited about the new dog park !!! Where can we get information on the progress of this new park ???
Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
There is a brand new dog park which is going to be built at the southern end of The Villages, where Brownwood is located. Actually, it will be close to the new Publix shopping center on Route 44, but with internal access from TV.

Final plans are being worked out and hopefully, construction will be starting soon. When built, it will be the nicest dog park within TV.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 12-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Thank for the info!
Old 12-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Don't forget the Town Squares many nights looks like a dog park
Health reasons Please don't let your children or grandchildren touch the flowers or shrubery
Old 12-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Don't forget the Town Squares many nights looks like a dog park
Health reasons Please don't let your children or grandchildren touch the flowers or shrubery
That is good news that dogs are allowed in the Town Squares, I didn't know because I'm renting, I'll take my two big dogs, thanks for the info.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:29 PM

Don't let your dogs touch the shrubbery. someone's kids may have contaminated them!
Old 12-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Good Lord. I am a dog owner. I would not ever bring my pet to the squares. Never. Inconsiderate of the many pedestrians, and the shrubs etc which we love are not a doggie rest station. It's just neighborly nor responsible.

I've also seen some near mishaps on the sidewalks there with those long, retractable leashes.

Common sense and common courtesy.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

O Boy 4 dog parks for 115k Plus residents. need to be about 10 more to really be pet friendly community! I see plenty of non profitable space around from residents that could be unitized for dog park areas! Then, the whinny would be more fruitful if not utilized. .

IMO each district should have dog park.

I was going to sarcastic like the dog haters but didn't want to go there yet!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
Good Lord. I am a dog owner. I would not ever bring my pet to the squares. Never. Inconsiderate of the many pedestrians, and the shrubs etc which we love are not a doggie rest station. It's just neighborly nor responsible.

I've also seen some near mishaps on the sidewalks there with those long, retractable leashes.

Common sense and common courtesy.
That's just your opinion and your dog probably needs manner training, I've only been renting for a month, but I've seen a lot of badly behaved kids running wild at the town squares, no bad dogs. The kids are more of a hazard than dogs because they're all over the place, do you also think that is inconsiderate, irresponsible and lacking in common sense, because those kids should not be at the squares running wild and unsupervised, people can trip and fall on them.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Really?
I have never compared my grand kids to dogs".....................
Old 12-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCGirl View Post
Don't let your dogs touch the shrubbery. someone's kids may have contaminated them!
Only if they can lift their hind leg
Old 12-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueTwo View Post
That's just your opinion and your dog probably needs manner training, I've only been renting for a month, but I've seen a lot of badly behaved kids running wild at the town squares, no bad dogs. The kids are more of a hazard than dogs because they're all over the place, do you also think that is inconsiderate, irresponsible and lacking in common sense, because those kids should not be at the squares running wild and unsupervised, people can trip and fall on them.
Not to mention they also leave Kiddie Litter behind

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.