My dog got out the other night and took a walk who knows where.

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Taltarzac
Default My dog got out the other night and took a walk who knows where.

A good Samaritan did corral him at the closest mail center to us and got him home with her. She then called Community Watch as well as the radio station here in the Villages.

We had been out at a nighborhood dinner party starting at 5:30 p.m. and the last person to leave the house forgot to make sure the front door was all the way shut. It blew open during the first half hour we were gone as the good Samaritan had picked our dog up at the mail center sometime near 6 p.m.

Around 8:30 p.m. we found out that the front door had been left open and our dog was no where to be found in the house. After searching the neighborhood along with many of the neighbors from the dinner party, we were out of luck about finding our lost dog.

We then called Community Watch and found out that someone had picked up a dog matching our dog's description at the local mail center.

It was a happy reunion after a few very stressful hours searching for our dog before we called Community Watch.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Platinum member

Great news ! What a relief.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

OH. Thank heavens!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Dancing Thyme

Tal, so happy this had a good ending. You and your family must have been wrecks. I know I did once when one of my guys decided to walk away and I didn't find him until that night at dusk. Its good to know to call Community Watch to see if they know anything. I never would have thought of that.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Platinum member

One day I looked out the window only to see my two togs walking down the street. Yikes! Turns out the wind had blown open our front door.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Community Watch

The woman who picked up you pup deserves a medal. The other day Duffy saw a dog across our busy street and took off after him. He narrowly missed being struck by a car. My heart is still in my throat.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage

Tal, I'm so glad your dog is safely back home! Hurray for the kind-hearted Good Samaritan and his/her good thinking to call Community Watch to help reunite dog and family.

I so love puppy "tales" and happy endings!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Eternal Member

This is why I recommend that the first thing you do when you get here is to go to Petco (or someplace that makes pet tags) and get a tag made with your pet's name, your name and your telephone number. It is not expensive and will save you a lot of grief when your pet gets out.

Please do not say that will not happen to me. Maybe it will and maybe it won't but be prepared for when the little one bolts when the door is opened.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
This is why I recommend that the first thing you do when you get here is to go to Petco (or someplace that makes pet tags) and get a tag made with your pet's name, your name and your telephone number. It is not expensive and will save you a lot of grief when your pet gets out.

Please do not say that will not happen to me. Maybe it will and maybe it won't but be prepared for when the little one bolts when the door is opened.
I agree with Caveman 100%! You just can't be too careful with a loved animal. ID tags provide a fast way to get your pet home again. Getting an ID Tag is easy, inexpensive, and can save you so much heartache. Also, please consider micro chipping your pet.

Tal, I'm so happy you got your little escape artist home. What a relief.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to lavendera1

So glad you got your dog back..love happy endings.
Last week it was about 9:00 P.M. and a car with two ladies came around our circle they stopped by my driveway so I looked to see who it was and the lady had opened her door and was going to reach for my dog. I yelled and she left. So all be careful watch your dogs you never know.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Taltarzac
Default We got lucky that the person who picked up our dog was a good Samaritan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendera1 View Post
So glad you got your dog back..love happy endings.
Last week it was about 9:00 P.M. and a car with two ladies came around our circle they stopped by my driveway so I looked to see who it was and the lady had opened her door and was going to reach for my dog. I yelled and she left. So all be careful watch your dogs you never know.
He/she could have been someone with something else on his/her mind than helping a neighbor.

Our dog has an appointment to be chipped in a few weeks. And I am going to make sure that members in our family are more careful about shutting the front door.

Thanks for all the kind posts.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Veteran member
Default lost pets

We too have an escape artist. Thankfully, we did have a name tag on her and she was found by some folks on one of the golf courses, who did call me and said they had found her. The one lady laughed because she said that was the best found of golf she had ever had...and to find a lost dog on top of it!

After that incident, I inquired at the next vet visit what microchipping would cost and the fee was small....so pup is now chipped....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.