My munchkin

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That would probably be close to 466A too, although it's ripped up and closed to through traffic down that way. But there are ways around that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We like Dr. Tim Porter, Animal Care Center in Wildwood. He diagnosed cancer in our cat after the Vet at a high tech office told us it was nothing to worry about. Our cat got sicker and sicker. We finally took her to Dr. Porter who performed surgery, and the cat recovered and was fine. Just be warned, the office is modest, not impressive.

CFrance, Wildwood is close to 466A.
I know that, Bare; I live just north of 466A. I made the comment due to the fact that you can't get through 466A from Pinellas Plaza over to 301, as the road is ripped up. Not sure how new Suzi is or if she knows the shortcuts to get around this.

At any rate, we have no shortage of good vets around, and once you know the lay of the land, it's really not far to gt to any of them.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
That is such a happy story. Dogs can really light up our life.

We use two Veterinary practices. I like to be registered at Buffalo Ridge because they have a 24 hour Emergency Service. I think of Buffalo Ridge as a "high tech" facility. I think they have three Vets now. They are located just off CR 466 across from The Villages Charter School. The office is new, it opened a few years ago, and I've heard lots of positive comments about it.

The other Vet we use is Dr. Tim Porter in Wildwood, close to CR 466A. He is more of an old-fashioned Vet without a lot of bells and whistles. We like him.

Please PM me if you have any questions, or want addresses and telephone numbers.
Agree re Dr. Porter in Wildwood. Ben and Jerry will be getting their shots there soon.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Default vet

Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital is great I go to DR. Jason, Baby is a rescue and one vet told us to get rid of her....she is the best dog and well behaved and loves little dogs and people and everyone...accept squirrels
Old 10-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Have noted all the vets and will check them out before I make an appointment. I'm not bothered by less-than-fancy offices. But I want a knowledgeable and trustful vet.
Now I need some names and phone numbers of truly loving dog sitters. I have big plans for my dog......she and I hope to be comfort volunteers as soon as she attends classes and gets a little older. I want her treated real well because someday she will be helping others. So please, send me names and numbers of those people who could care for our future volunteer dog.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 10-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Sage

Try Comfort of Home Pet Sitting
Bonnie Foster
352-821-2155
Comfort of Home Professional Pet Sitting
bonnie@comfortofhome4pets.com
Old 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Sage

Suzi,

I just opened one of those envelopes full of coupons, and in it there is an ad for Buffalo Ridge. It says they are opening an office in Pinellas Plaza "soon." Don't know who the vets are, but that certainly would be close.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.