Need factual answer about fences

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Default Need factual answer about fences

My house is sold and we hit the road for Florida in three weeks. Last time we were there we looked at Courtyard Villas that were fenced in with some grassy areas. We have two dogs that are used to roaming in our back yard and playing with each other.

Well, the models we looked at are all sold and I am told that the new CYV homes have no grass and if you replace the mulch or straw that they use you have to put in a sprinkler system

I was also told that you can fence in the backyard of a ranch house but I have yet to see one for sale with a fence. Now I read that the Cottage homes have replaced the ranch homes and my Village sales person does not seem to be of much help.

So what can I buy that has some grass that can be fenced in beside a re-sale. We want new because we are still in our fifties and plan on living in TV for at least 30 years if I have inherited my family gene that keeps them alive well into their 90's. I do not want to start off with a home that is already 10-20 years old.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Had you considered invisible fencing?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Vinny, the place to go for a straight answer is deed compliance ****751-3912. Go here for other numbers and email addresses:
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...standards.aspx
Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Hi Vinny.....

Good luck on your search for a home. I agree, it is nice to have a grassed in area for our doggies. Keep searching....I found a home with a grassed area and go figure....they love the side area with the cement . I also came from an area where they had lots of land to play etc., and I am so pleased that they really enjoy playing and sleeping outside. I bought a preowned home, but it is so worth it, to open the doors and have them run around and play! .

It is just my opinion, but I looked at the brand new homes too, and they didnt have grass, from what I heard they arent planting grass for the new homes, which is why I chose this CYV and am so thrilled cause my doggies love it and me too!!!

Jeanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
My house is sold and we hit the road for Florida in three weeks. Last time we were there we looked at Courtyard Villas that were fenced in with some grassy areas. We have two dogs that are used to roaming in our back yard and playing with each other.

Well, the models we looked at are all sold and I am told that the new CYV homes have no grass and if you replace the mulch or straw that they use you have to put in a sprinkler system

I was also told that you can fence in the backyard of a ranch house but I have yet to see one for sale with a fence. Now I read that the Cottage homes have replaced the ranch homes and my Village sales person does not seem to be of much help.

So what can I buy that has some grass that can be fenced in beside a re-sale. We want new because we are still in our fifties and plan on living in TV for at least 30 years if I have inherited my family gene that keeps them alive well into their 90's. I do not want to start off with a home that is already 10-20 years old.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

There is a CYV in the Rio Grand Villas that was just put on the market. It is listed with Remax and is on the end of Lajolla Circle. It has a good sized grassy area in the back and one side is next to the dividing wall......only one neighbor on the side and no one in back (Rio Grand is behind it)
p.s. the homes are about 16 years old here tho.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Default RANCH fenced !! welcome dog play

I am considering welcoming happy, friendly dogs to play freely (and free) in my fenced-in ranch. All grass. Private. One or two at a time with RESPONSIBLE owner(s). NO FLEAS, no ticks. Does anyone see a problem with this idea?? My dog died one year ago and we bought this specific fenced house for him. I just love them all. Any concerns I should have about this? Thanks, Ina
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Default Hemingway fenced ranch homes

btw.......all inner loop of Nash Loop in Hemingway are vinyl fenced....village secret experiment !!!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Default Thanks to all that replied

My agent called me today and sent me info on a newly available CYV Anna Marie model in Pennecamp. It has an oversized lot (and bond) with grass on three sides of the house and only one neighbor who is set back from our home. Walking distance to the pool too!

The house is a little smaller than we wanted but we will adjust because the home has a few nice upgrades and is priced accordingly.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
My agent called me today and sent me info on a newly available CYV Anna Marie model in Pennecamp. It has an oversized lot (and bond) with grass on three sides of the house and only one neighbor who is set back from our home. Walking distance to the pool too!

The house is a little smaller than we wanted but we will adjust because the home has a few nice upgrades and is priced accordingly.
Yea! Maybe you will find the right place in TV. I hope so. Best wishes.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Yea! Maybe you will find the right place in TV. I hope so. Best wishes.
There are still CYV (new) that have some grass although most do not. But there are many CYV's that are only 1-3 years old that have grass.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Veteran member
Default villas with grass

Most of the houses south of the polo field are not too old and the ones south of 466 are even newer and lower bonds, some are paid. you have to look at home by other realators as well as the villages to see all homes. be alert to the fact that the village sales people only show what the want to show, not everything - we went after hours and found our house our self after being told all in this area were sold. there is a reason the villages real estate is not in the MLS
Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Default Good Heart but beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maury View Post
I am considering welcoming happy, friendly dogs to play freely (and free) in my fenced-in ranch. All grass. Private. One or two at a time with RESPONSIBLE owner(s). NO FLEAS, no ticks. Does anyone see a problem with this idea?? My dog died one year ago and we bought this specific fenced house for him. I just love them all. Any concerns I should have about this? Thanks, Ina
You are very generous and kind hearted so I hate to say that you may be held liable should one dog harm another or if one should bite another dogs owner. People sue for less.

I lucked out and signed a contract on a new CYV on an oversized corner lot. It has more property than I have now. Grass on all three sides and a stucco wall on three sides. Complete privacy and lots of land for the kids, I mean dogs. I know what it is like when you have pets. My wife and I have been married 38 years and have had pets all that time. We have relocated 13 times and everytime, their needs and likes were catered to; sometimes at the expense of ours.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.