Need Love? I Got Plenty to give!

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Default Need Love? I Got Plenty to give!

My story is sad, but I am a positive little girl, and already feeling like their is a whole new world out there for me! I was rescued by Max's Pet Connection, from the Ocala Forest; that should tell you the what life was like for me. Thanks to Max's Pet Connection, I am Now in the foster care of a very nice lady in the Villages, and loving life here! As you may understand, I am very shy, more just plain nervous after being in the forest. But, already I am starting to feel so much better! I am about 1.5 years old, and just a plain love child! I would SO love to find a Village home, such this place is like heaven to me! I promise to give you lots of enjoyment, and lots of love! Come meet me, it will be love at first sight!

Max's Pet Connection in a non-profit organization , all dogs are examined by a veterinarian, Vaccinations up-dated, Microchipped and registered, Heartworm tested, Neutered, Groomed and dental check

Call Kris 352-272-8394, Maddie is so looking forward to a forever home and she feels the Villages is the perfect fit for her!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	76907  

Last edited by Here2Stay; 10-22-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Platinum member

Oh, it's breaking my heart -- how I would love to have Maddie but, unfortunately, current health/travel obligations prevent an addition at this time.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Agree with BK001 - she is a cutie. If I was there I'd be tempted. So if nothing else we can keep this bumped to the top of the heap on TOTV until the right person sees her.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Veteran member

Having visited with Maddie, I agree she is cute and sweet and terribly shy. However, she will make a great pet for someone who's looking for a new fur baby, and her foster mom is a great person.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Having visited with Maddie, I agree she is cute and sweet and terribly shy. However, she will make a great pet for someone who's looking for a new fur baby, and her foster mom is a great person.
The shelter dog that we had in our family for 14 years was very much the same when we got her although she was a much bigger dog. We felt she also had been through some trauma but once she felt safe with us she was the best pet we ever had. She passed almost 10 years ago and we still haven't replaced her. She was so perfect we were concerned that no dog could match her demeanor and loyalty. Maddie kind of reminds me of her in that way. I hope someone gives her the same chance we gave our pup.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM

When a person says they can't adopt a new dog/cat because he/she might never live up to the memory of a former pet it upsets me.
We should all realize that each pet is different from another and to compare one against another is unrealistic. If you have a place in your family for a rescue dog/cat just go ahead and adopt. Each one will be special in his/her own way. Many of these rescue animals are in a desperate situation and need our help.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
When a person says they can't adopt a new dog/cat because he/she might never live up to the memory of a former pet it upsets me.
We should all realize that each pet is different from another and to compare one against another is unrealistic. If you have a place in your family for a rescue dog/cat just go ahead and adopt. Each one will be special in his/her own way. Many of these rescue animals are in a desperate situation and need our help.
I'm sorry, I certainly did not mean to upset anyone with my post. That was not the sole reason we did not adopt another pet, but just something we would often discuss in the process of considering it. We are not and have not been in a position to take on a new pet for various reasons. It would not be fair to the pet if we couldn't make the adjustment to having him/her a priority.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
I understand your post and it doesn't upset me at all.

Other the other hand I understand and agree with the other post where ABBIE gave their opinion on the timing of taking another pet and you publically rubbed the person nose in their post. What a shame it is that a person feels that they should do a psychoanalytical head job on another on an issue that is personal and sensitive. Some people don't recover from the loss of a pet as fast as other and I Googled it, there is no gauge on the proper amount of time.

I hope every rescue animal wakes up tomorrow with a new beautiful home but I'm with that lady ABBIE, she is thoroughly correct and I feel the exact same way as her.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:00 PM
fw102807

Everybody grieves differently. It took my husband 5 years before he felt ready for another dog. They are family.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:59 AM
Gold member

I know pup is shy, but just maybe...….you could bring her to The Blessing of the Animals event on Saturday (flyer attached) at Hope Lutheran Church in The Villages. Just an idea - keeping prayers going for this bundle of joy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blessing of the Animals October.pdf (394.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 AM

Thanks, love the idea and may try that, she is slowing adjusting so well to not being so afraid, it's clear she went through much! I find it a wonderful experience to helping her overcome her fears!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:32 AM

Thanks for the kind words, she is really coming along great, interesting enough haven't heard her bark yet! Now just follows me around so that's a positive sign that she is feeling secure
Old 10-22-2018, 07:40 PM

Greatly appreciate that!
Old 10-31-2018, 01:54 PM

Little Maddie is still looking for that perfect Village Home, she has come a long way, still a little nervous but to watch her becoming so much more secure its amazing too watch. She is just happy being a home body, but just know she would bring lots of joy! She is looking for someone who understands that her past is still on her mind so needs just a little patience, happy to just hang out at the house. She is a love so do come visit!
Closed Thread

Tags
love, connection, pet, maxs, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.