New Mulberry Dog Park

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2021, 09:14 AM
Default New Mulberry Dog Park

I finally got over to see the “new” Mulberry dog park. Frankly I’m surprised & disappointed. Yes it has a shaded covering and more places to sit, newer fences & landscaping. The dogs don’t need or care about that.
How about a small pond, elevated areas, sand to play in, tires to walk through or around, blocks to climb on- ones cubes and ones with holes cut out, weave poles, a small dog house or fire plug for a cute addition. Who designed this? It’s a grass museum. Why not put the effort from designing recreation centers or new area to build and sell in into our dog parks.
It is two fenced in grassy areas. Nothing to brag about in my opinion, although it is heralded in the paper about three times a week.
Dogs deserve SO much more, and frankly SO do we.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky& View Post
I finally got over to see the “new” Mulberry dog park. Frankly I’m surprised & disappointed. Yes it has a shaded covering and more places to sit, newer fences & landscaping. The dogs don’t need or care about that.
How about a small pond, elevated areas, sand to play in, tires to walk through or around, blocks to climb on- ones cubes and ones with holes cut out, weave poles, a small dog house or fire plug for a cute addition. Who designed this? It’s a grass museum. Why not put the effort from designing recreation centers or new area to build and sell in into our dog parks.
It is two fenced in grassy areas. Nothing to brag about in my opinion, although it is heralded in the paper about three times a week.
I agree with your post, however, you are making the assumption that the dog parks are designed for the dogs rather than the owners. Dog parks are an afterthought that are usually plopped down under high tension electrical wires where houses can’t be built.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:48 AM

I read this 'park' cost $131,000. I think a few 'sail umbrellas" and a couple of hundred feet of chain link fence could have been had for a lot less. No restrooms for humans there either!
ColourTree 22' Triangle Shade Sail | Wayfair
Old 04-30-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Try Doggie Doo Run Run. It is about 1 mile north on CR101 near its intersection with CR104. Belvedere becomes CR101 when it crosses CR466.

10 acres of area with a 5 acre back field, small dog area, large dog area, dog boarding area, agility area and a good sized parking lot which is dirt though.

Three shaded areas with two dog pools, lots of water, and it is mostly grass.

Nice people for the most part. There is occasionally a person you kind of expect to start saying "I am Negan". (Kind of a private joke for Mulberry Dog park people).

Doggie Do Run Run 12971 County Road 101 Oxford, FL Parks - MapQuest
Old 04-30-2021, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I do love dogs. I have never been to a dog park. I watch people on Judge Judy talk about them.

I think everyone who lives here has something or other they would like "bettered up". For me I would like to have a wall pencil sharpener in the art room.

However, I know that if each of us got our;

Community indoor pool. *used about eight weeks a year.
Charging stations for electric golf carts. * used by less than half of population.
Nicer dog parks * used by a large part of the population, but they cost MONEY.
etc. etc.

Then the bills to US will go up.up.up. We are watching this take place now on a national level.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I am guessing that folks who are not dog owners do not share your opinion that dogs "deserve SO much more"; and they likely would prefer to see what they think they personally "deserve" be improved in some area other than a dog park! I, for one, do not need my amenity fees spent on what you describe a dog park should contain! My amenity fees would be better spent on enlarging the fitness centers at rec centers; or perhaps for a trolley service between rec centers and squares - something for the residents who pay that fee! Most of us are appreciative of what has already been provided for us through our fees! Be happy Mulberry got "a shaded covering and more places to sit, newer fences & landscaping"!

Old 04-30-2021, 12:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I am guessing that folks who are not dog owners do not share your opinion that dogs "deserve SO much more"; and they likely would prefer to see what they think they personally "deserve" be improved in some area other than a dog park! I, for one, do not need my amenity fees spent on what you describe a dog park should contain! My amenity fees would be better spent on enlarging the fitness centers at rec centers; or perhaps for a trolley service between rec centers and squares - something for the residents who pay that fee! Most of us are appreciative of what has already been provided for us through our fees! Be happy Mulberry got "a shaded covering and more places to sit, newer fences & landscaping"!

The solution here might be an additional amenity fee for dog owners of $50. per animal each month. Top notch parks could be maintained and dogs would be limited to the owners property or the dog parks when outdoors. It would be a win for everyone and I wouldn’t mind paying that fee for more dogparks and great facilities.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
The solution here might be an additional amenity fee for dog owners of $50. per animal each month. Top notch parks could be maintained and dogs would be limited to the owners property or the dog parks when outdoors. It would be a win for everyone and I wouldn’t mind paying that fee for more dogparks and great facilities.
Sounds like a possibility...except for dog owners who do not think they/their dog needs such amenities...as well as the subsequent need to staff said amenity park so as
to insure that only paid members were using the expanded park....and the folks who will not pay the additional fee but will argue that they are entitled to use the expanded facility anyway!

Old 05-01-2021, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Land cost .
Old 05-01-2021, 06:02 AM
Veteran member
Default 50% pet owners

Can be argued not everyone needs a pet park or pools or golf. But it's a nice amenity and can be thought that way . You can always ask for more or bring your own hydrant, playthings .
Old 05-01-2021, 06:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Perfect idea. Let the dog owners suppliment the parks. Let the non dog owners just pay the regular fees and have their money spent on amenities they prefer. Why should we all pay for dog amenities whenn we dont own one???
Old 05-01-2021, 07:27 AM

I don't golf can my amenity fee waived. I think of the fee as to being used for the dog park at Dudley.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Perfect idea. Let the dog owners suppliment the parks. Let the non dog owners just pay the regular fees and have their money spent on amenities they prefer. Why should we all pay for dog amenities whenn we dont own one???
Amenity fees are not, and should not, be on a “pay if you use” basis. Not practical. I don’t play tennis or pickle ball, but I am happy to have their maintenance paid by my amenity fee.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Better dog parks would sell the Villages a lot better than the reality of what we have now. Image can only go so far. Especially in the probability that people will start posting videos of the conditions at Villages' area dog parks.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:53 AM
Default Dog park

Quote:
Those are safety issues you are wishing to create for dogs abd the villages has to consider all liability here with residents and their guests and pets. There are no dog parks out there anywhere with obstacles built into them or ponds that harbor bacteria and create mosquito borne diseases adults and dogs can die from. I been to lots dog parks in CA and there is a standard to those not to cause liability to the city or county as it should be. Your dog could break a leg and sue for that incident if obstacles were allowed, for example. People do crazy things in dog parks like bring food on them without realizing that can cause dogs to attack and bite too!, so has to be lots of rules to keep everyone smart and safe.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, small, dogs, frankly, mulberry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.