Bringing awareness to canine cancer

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2021, 08:03 PM
Default Bringing awareness to canine cancer

Hi neighbors,

My wife and I got the most devastating news this week about our rescue Pitbull Penny. She had a limp for several weeks after jumping off the couch and the doctors originally thought it was a muscle tear and we were told to lower her activity level and provide her pain meds for the inflammation.

This Tues we went in for a consult with a surgeon who called us an hour later with a shocking diagnosis that poor Penny actually has a cancerous tumor on her front leg called osteosarcoma. This is an extremely aggressive form of bone cancer from which 90 - 95% of dogs never recover from.

Please if your dog ever limps ask more question early and don't make assumptions that it is muscular or bone. We had no idea, we thought our little girl was just rambunctious and hurt herself jumping off the couch.

Below is a link to a go fund me page. We are taking her in for emergency surgery Tuesday to have her front leg amputated in the hopes of providing her pain relief and hoping we can get the summer together as a family.

Thanks for listening and I hope this might alert other pet owners if god forbid you are ever in a similar situation.

Sincerely,

Dylan & Erin

Fundraiser by Dylan Todd : Penny the Pitbull has cancer and needs amputation
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	penny4.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	89296  
Old 05-02-2021, 08:10 PM
Location: Osceola Hills, previously from Oviedo FL (Orlando area)

I am hoping that you went to UF Veterinary Hospital, Gainesville for your diagnosis. If not, please call them to be sure that amputation is the only & best way to keep your Penny pain free. Gainesville is a teaching hospital and they are very up to date on procedures. (vethospitals.ufl.edu)
Old 05-02-2021, 08:27 PM

So sorry to hear this. 😟

She looks like such a sweetheart. Best of luck with the surgery.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,706 Posts

What a dear looking dog. Best wishes for her.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Veteran member

I'm so sorry to hear this. We just lost our beautiful 14 year old dog to cancer and we miss her every day. I hope Penny's surgery and recovery go well. She looks like such a sweetheart.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:32 AM

It’s the food.

Please feed the highest quality food you can afford for all your pets as well as yourself.

Good luck with the surgery.
Closed Thread

Tags
leg, thought, front, called, couch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.