New Mulberry Dog Park

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2021, 08:53 AM

I like the dog park as is. If they make the improvements you suggest, my Labrador will jump in the pond, roll in the sand pit until she looks like a cinnamon donut, and eat the tires. She will then chew up the cubes, poop in the little dog house and completely ignore the fire plug. I think the dog park is fine.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:05 AM

You forgot swing sets and seesaws and maybe a swimming pool and exercise course oh and don't forget maybe nice beds to lay in in the shade so they don't get there fur dirty. Come on it's a dog park
Old 05-01-2021, 09:09 AM

This is really a good idea maybe an extra $25 add to that for total of $75 and then you can take your dog to every square and let it urinate on every plant
Old 05-01-2021, 09:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 531 Posts

A pond? That would be a nightmare, who wants to bring a wet muddy dog home? Dogs don't need amenities, they need a place to run and play, off leash, and read their pmail.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:34 AM

It would of been nice to put some of the nice features that are at the dog parks south of us. One has agility stuff, etc. Too bad for that money they didn't put in stuff for the dogs to play in and climb on.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:33 AM

Sorry, Becky, I disagree. My dog doesn't care about any of that--he wants to run around the grass chasing other dogs, or chasing balls. We took him to an agility course type of enclosure one time--he could care less. The dogs get to enjoy their time with each other more now--and get healthy outdoor exercise-- because of the shade structure, which allows their owners to stay longer in comfort. It used to be we had to leave by 11 am due to the heat in the summer. I am so grateful the CDD4 got to put in a permanent structure rather than the canvas one originally proposed.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:04 AM

Amenity fees are for Rec centers etc not for golf as we have to pay cart fees 😉
Old 05-01-2021, 11:06 AM

Give it time. You think you're upset now, wait until the dogs tear it up and the grass rots. We live in The Village of Fenney. Fairly new by The VIllages standards. Dudley Canine Park is about 4 years old and it is a terrible mess. The "maintenance department", or more accurately, "the non-maintenance department", has failed us by any standard. The concrete is filthy, the grass is all but gone and weeds proliferate. On the "big dog" side of the fence, it's worse, much worse.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
The solution here might be an additional amenity fee for dog owners of $50. per animal each month. Top notch parks could be maintained and dogs would be limited to the owners property or the dog parks when outdoors. It would be a win for everyone and I wouldn’t mind paying that fee for more dogparks and great facilities.

Where are the going to put additional dog parks in already built out area? I don’t want have to pay for dog park 20 miles alway that I would never use.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roron123 View Post
Amenity fees are for Rec centers etc not for golf as we have to pay cart fees 😉
Where are they getting millions for up on executive course? It’s not just cart fees. We all pay for every thing in district. Especially for golf. Yes, I know NOT champion ship golf. The developers own them and when the become too old and runs down they will see the same faith as HH’s if they can’t pawn them off onto districts like Santiago and terra.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:03 PM

I go there every day with my dog. My understanding is that they wanted to "standardize" the dog parks but they are all different and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The worst thing is that the first thing they did to build the "shade structure" was tear down the only tree on that side of the park. That tree provided needed shade in the summer but also let the sun warm you in the winter. It was the perfect year-round solution which this structure is not.

Simply put, the addition of several deciduous trees would have functioned much better, looked much nicer and cost a heck of a lot less than that structure. But nobody asked us dog owners.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Better dog parks would sell the Villages a lot better than the reality of what we have now. Image can only go so far. Especially in the probability that people will start posting videos of the conditions at Villages' area dog parks.
Nobody is having any trouble selling homes here Tal. In fact homes are selling well just about everywhere.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:23 PM
Veteran member

Oh gee. I think they need a swimming pool there for the dog owners to exercise while their dogs play. And how about a Starbucks in the dog parks for the dog owners, and maybe some entertainment for the dog owners. It is the LEAST we can do for the entitled dog pooping in neighborhood yards owners.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Perfect idea. Let the dog owners suppliment the parks. Let the non dog owners just pay the regular fees and have their money spent on amenities they prefer. Why should we all pay for dog amenities whenn we dont own one???
What’s next? Should the softball players supplement the upkeep of the softball fields? How about the pickleball players paying an extra fee for the balls and nets?

We are all paying for an amenity that we do not use or prefer. Where do you start drawing the line? We have top notch facilities for a variety of activities. Just let it be.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Nobody is having any trouble selling homes here Tal. In fact homes are selling well just about everywhere.

The Villages Daily Sun often highlights how much the Villages' developers, the businesses in the Villages, etc. love animals. The sorry state of some of the Villages' dog parks show something quite different.

They should have planned from the beginning to parcel out enough land for dog parks that are of good size and have the proper amenities and use the landscape of the Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, small, dogs, frankly, mulberry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.