Brinson-Perry Open 1st Day HOLES & SMOKERS

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Default Brinson-Perry Open 1st Day HOLES & SMOKERS

You just can't make this stuff up....after recent "annual it seems" renovation of our little park, I noticed 2 holes already dug by the bench near the back on the large dog side. This occurred the first day....COME ON OWNERS....unbelievable....then there's the ones that feel as though it's alright to stand around and smoke....WHEN THERE'S SIGNS POSTED NOT TOO....I went off on 2 individuals, NOT NEWBIES, the other day while others were just standing there....a recent post on TOTV referenced a HS student & reading. I guess it doesn't apply to adults & comprehension....but I did ask the 1 individual DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO READ??? ....and then to my dismay extinguished the cigarette on the fence after they'd been power washed.....Maybe I was a little harsh....2nd thought nah....you just can't fix stupid.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 AM

It seems to me that maybe manners are where we need to get back to as a society. In the old movies you would often hear "Do you mind if I smoke?", and that was when smoking was considered healthy. I have an old magazine that has ads that promote it as such. One ad even says "Seven up" is good for babies! Imagine that!!!

I think that the expectation of consistent good manners, which are role modeled are a comfort to children and to adults. It must be hard on kids not to have a "norm" that is expected of everyone.

I car pooled a bunch of kids for a lot of years and would tell the kids it was like a language they needed to know. (Along with the new rule that you can't "punch buggy the driver").

My car was a curse free zone because it was "a life skill they were going to need" and of course I knew "they were smart and clever enough" to do so. I have to say they were pretty inventive. "Bleep, bleep" was very popular. Gosh I miss those days. Rarely did I make it home without a lot of laughter.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:20 PM

I agree with the fact that manners and common courtesy have just gone out the window--no, maybe down the toilet!! It's not just at the dogpark, but all over. It seems, there is an air of entitlement that just won't go away. And, no, you CAN'T fix stupid. But it's our park and we have a right to speak up. Going back a few years about "reading posts on signs," isn't that why the buffalo were taken away???? Looking forward to spending some quality time with my Cav and her buddies at the park!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.