No More Merricks Classic Dog Food

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Barney is as cute as a button! Since this is a dog-friendly thread, can I deviate from the subject of food and ask you to post more pictures of Barney?
I second that! Barney is adorable.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
I feed the 11 lb shih tzus half a medaliion and 1/8th c Preference twice a day. It keeps them at a god weight with the defined waist. The package says that for their weight they can get 2-4 medallions a day but that would be way too much for them. They are not overly active and one is 15yrs. old so she sleeps most of the day. I am giving the puppy 1/4 c of NV Raw Boost and a tsp of Preference. She is 6 lbs and it says that she could eat 1 c a day, so yo realy have to go by your dog's appetite. When I have given them just a bit more than usual their stools get loose so I know from the output what to input. I also like the fact that NV is grain free and that has helped with the one with iitchy skin. With all the info re grains that is out now, it really supports a grain free diet for them.

I really believe that dogs will let you know what is working for them, at least that has been my experience over the years having had 14 of various breeds, 2 or 3 at a time. I started on raw at least 15 yrs ago and experimented with the grain free over the past 10 yrs. The 15 yrs old gets some Fromme kibble as a treat at the end of her dinner which has grains but the other one doesn''t dp well with it so she gets NV kibble in her treat toy. When I am through the bag of Fromme I am sticking with the NV
raw boost for them all as the treat of choice.

I would mix the two up so that there is no more than 2 Cups of food if that is what you have been serving. Figure out the ooz. per each patty. I would guess that one patty may equal one C and then maybe 4 scoops of dry with a cup of water may equal the 22 cups of food. I tried Sojo but they didn''t do well on the potato so I went back to Preference. I buy in bulk so I save there and if you go online and register with NV and Honest Kitchen, you will get coupons through the year. I also have a card that is stamped by the store for discounts after so many purchases. Whole Earth may have that. Ours is in Canada. I use whole earth in TV.

Hope this helps

LW888
It sounds doable, lightworker. Thanks for the explanation. Whereabouts is Whole Earth in TV?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Whole Earth

Whole Earth is in the Spanish Plaines plaza by the Sharon Morse Building. It is right beside Koyame, the Asian restaurant and on the south side of Publix at the opposite end of First Watch. Hope that's clear!

It is a great pet store and they know their stuff.

LW888
Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
Whole Earth is in the Spanish Plaines plaza by the Sharon Morse Building. It is right beside Koyame, the Asian restaurant and on the south side of Publix at the opposite end of First Watch. Hope that's clear!

It is a great pet store and they know their stuff.

LW888
Super, thanks. I will be up there today. I will stop in there and talk to them about the food.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Barney is as cute as a button! Since this is a dog-friendly thread, can I deviate from the subject of food and ask you to post more pictures of Barney?
Thank you! Barney doesn't want to hijack this thread, so i will attempt to post some pics under a new thread "Barney".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.