Occasional Dog Sitting

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2019, 09:55 AM
Default Occasional Dog Sitting

I was just wondering:

Some of us have dogs that are not able to travel with us when we go on trips in or out of the country.

Is there a organized group that volunteers to dog-sit for others so that when they leave they too can have their dog taken care of by others?

We have a dog that gets along great with people and all other dogs. We hate to put him in a kennel as we would prefer him to remain in a home environment (I hope that makes sense).

We would even be happy to pay for such a service if the caretakers were in some way vetted by a local group of knowing people.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Can you tell us what size dog you have, is it socialized with other dogs, does it have any health issues, etc.? There are dog-sitting groups around that we have used when our friends weren't available. I'm not vetted, but I feel several people could give references for me. Depending on if your dog gets along with a big socialized old lumbering dog, I would be available in the winter months. We love dogs here in our CYV.

Oh woops, I think we are vetted, since we fostered for two rescue groups. But I don't have FBI clearance that I know of...
Old 04-20-2019, 11:04 AM

Thanks CFrance,

Your note and the PMs that I have received answered all my questions.

From my watching and listening to the comments here over the past year+, I got a good feeling that there is no shortage of caring animal people here, just like us
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, group, people, dogs, hope

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.