Off-Leash Dogs

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Default Off-Leash Dogs

Help! I'm seeing way too many dogs off-leash, including large dogs. As you know, both The Villages and Sumter County require dogs to be on leash. And yet when you tell a dog walker this, they get quite indignant. Sigh. Not only could these off-leash dogs frighten some seniors, but they can wreck havoc with other dog walkers USING a leash ... not to mention that it might be dangerous for the off-leash dog himself!

If anyone knows the "magic phrase" to prompt dog owners to USE A LEASH, I'd be much obliged if you shared it with me. :-)
Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys View Post
Help! I'm seeing way too many dogs off-leash, including large dogs. As you know, both The Villages and Sumter County require dogs to be on leash. And yet when you tell a dog walker this, they get quite indignant. Sigh. Not only could these off-leash dogs frighten some seniors, but they can wreck havoc with other dog walkers USING a leash ... not to mention that it might be dangerous for the off-leash dog himself!

If anyone knows the "magic phrase" to prompt dog owners to USE A LEASH, I'd be much obliged if you shared it with me. :-)
Look! It is the dog catcher.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

My dog has ring worm and it is contagious.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

"My what a delicious looking doggie you have there Clarice!" The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Taltarzac

I see Fumar coming.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Gold member

It is a problem you see more and more. I love the dogs with a leash on but the owner is not holding it and the dog is dragging it along on the ground. Just happened the other morning when I went to get the paper. The dog saw me and started up towards me. I am sure he was friendly but still not right. The owner had to run up and step on leash because the dog didn't respond to verbal commands. Go figure!!!!! Oh well I just had to vent.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I hate it, too.

Dogs belong on leash unless in a fenced area.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Off leash Dogs

As I explained in another thread I am afraid of dogs but only four kinds big ones,little ones alive ones and dead ones. So if I come upon one off a leash or for that matter on a leash and its your dog don't be offended if I make a quick pivot in the opposite direction, its not you its your dog. I have been known to place my wife, in fact my kids between me and a dog to protect myself. sorry i not afraid to parachute out of a plane but a dog......
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.