One Crazy Dog Owner to Possibly Another

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Doggie Doo Run Run has a 5 acre field where dogs can run and do this frequently. It is just about a mile north of Southern Trace Shopping Center near the intersection of CR101 and CR104. There are good sized parks that allow dogs in Leesburg, Inverness and Ocala. Bark Central Dog Park
We relocated our dogs from a horse farm where they ran free all day. The dog park known as Doggie Doo Run Run is a dream come true for most dogs. Only $30 per month for two dogs, and they clean up after your pets. Our dogs adore our daily trip to DDRR where they get to run free on 5 acres and play and socialize and do all the things that make dogs happy. There is a wading pool there, and usually there is a lab splashing and lying in it. It's a perfect solution for us, and only 7 minutes from our house.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

I have been thinking the same thing. One of my dogs is older and seems to be exhibiting some dementia. I worry she'll not take to new surroundings well. But I think if I'm happy, they will be, too. and I'll be with them more so that should help.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
What an absurd thing to say - no one that has ever owned or loved a pet would even think of that! Who would they have to share ice cream with???
Did she not say, The dog would have to leave the kids ,who are attached to the dog.Pretty simple to me. Call me crazy, I only share ice cream with humans,the two leg type not the four leg type.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Certainly understand

our little dachshund lived on a golf course with freedom to run and ocassionaly come home with a golf ball (adopted by the membership, he would be well fed also, Ahhh!) but now his mom and dad bought him a golf cart and all is well with the world!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Maybe you could leave them at home ,where they live now. Lakes, woods and friends. Did she not say, The dog would have to leave the kids ,who are attached to the dog. Call me crazy,
OK, I'm calling you crazy, but only because you asked.

I know you don't really think that the OP should leave their dogs up north ... who would leave a family member behind! I think you just like to poke people with a stick to see if they're awake!!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
OK, I'm calling you crazy, but only because you asked.

I know you don't really think that the OP should leave their dogs up north ... who would leave a family member behind! I think you just like to poke people with a stick to see if they're awake!!
Some not-so-nice posts are worded in such a fashion as to allow the author to hide behind another explanation when called to task.

Maybe the pet forum should have a password known only to pet owners! (Just kidding...)
Old 04-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Did she not say, The dog would have to leave the kids ,who are attached to the dog.Pretty simple to me. Call me crazy, I only share ice cream with humans,the two leg type not the four leg type.
They are my pets to care for now, and my responsibility. I will keep on loving them, ass they are a part of the family. My 'kids' are at a stage in their life where they are pursuing careers and working unpredictable hours. They may not be permitted to have dogs where they live, as they are not all in a position to purchase homes. We will make the adjustment and keep on loving them to death. That's what pet owners do.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

all the more reasons the kids will have to visit....
Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Sage

msendo - don't take things personally - sometimes we have folks that love to stir the pot. As you can tell from the majority of the posts we love our fur kids and wouldn't leave them behind and do everything in our power to make their adjustment as easy as can be. And then share some icecream with them (this comes up 'cause it drives some folks crazy that people share their ice cream with a dog, or take them for a walk in a dog stroller, or bring their dogs to the square - even if the dog is not a problem. We use to go to the McDonalds drive thru and buy our Great Dane a burger that he would take bites of, just like you or I)!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
msendo - don't take things personally - sometimes we have folks that love to stir the pot. As you can tell from the majority of the posts we love our fur kids and wouldn't leave them behind and do everything in our power to make their adjustment as easy as can be. And then share some icecream with them (this comes up 'cause it drives some folks crazy that people share their ice cream with a dog, or take them for a walk in a dog stroller, or bring their dogs to the square - even if the dog is not a problem. We use to go to the McDonalds drive thru and buy our Great Dane a burger that he would take bites of, just like you or I)!
gomoho's right, and most will love your fur kids too. They sound like super dogs.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Do you have your own bowls or do you share them. Dinner at your home must be a hoot.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Sage

PM'ed you, Msendo.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:29 PM

I was concerned about how my dog would adapt to the heat, along with a totally new environment. (He's getting up there in age.) We visited TV with Casper last July and he absolutely loved it! We have been back with him two more times and each time, he has been a very happy camper. I have no doubt at all that he's ready to make the move as a full time Villager.

Dogs do great, as long as they're with their "family".
Old 04-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Maybe you could leave them at home ,where they live now.Lakes, woods and friends.
Cruel....

I believe what the Dog Whisperer Cesar said, dogs live in the present moment and enjoy life in the NOW.

Also the ticks who carry Lyme are rare in Florida unlike the Hudson Valley and that's a good thing.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Cruel....

I believe what the Dog Whisperer Cesar said, dogs live in the present moment and enjoy life in the NOW.

Also the ticks who carry Lyme are rare in Florida unlike the Hudson Valley and that's a good thing.
Not to mention there's Lyme tick protection available for dogs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.