Action Alert - 10 days to Act for Greyhounds

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Action Alert - 10 days to Act for Greyhounds

Only 10 Days Left to Help Greyhounds

The Florida House of Representatives just voted by a 86-31 margin to decouple racing from other forms of gambling!

We still have to get the Florida State Senate to pass decoupling legislation, HB 1145 or SB 1594, within the next TWO weeks before the legislature adjourns.

Please Take Action—Only 10 Days of Session Left!

If you are a Florida resident please tell your state senator, "I want greyhound racing decoupled." This is a huge issue in the legislature—that is all your message has to be. Please contact them today.

If you live in The Villages, our senator is Alan Hayes and here is his email:
hays.alan.web@flsenate.gov .

For other parts of Florida, here is a link to all the state senators: http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/#Senators .

Like me, I hope you are concerned for the many deaths, injuries and inhumane confinement of the dogs. Most racing greyhounds are kept in cages 20 hours a day, many wearing muzzles. They are only out of the cages to race.

Florida has 23 of the most successful tracks in the U.S. This decoupling will ultimately end dog racing in Florida—this is a historic vote!

Thank you for helping animals!

The Villages Florida
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I just sent my email to Senator Hays. I told him that I wanted Greyhound Racing decoupled from other forms of gambling. (HB 1145 or SB 1594).

Then I listed my full name, address, and phone number.

It took less than two minutes.

Please do the same.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.