Pet city

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2018, 08:05 AM
Default Pet city

Since this is “pet city”, there are numerous veterinarian available. So many choices....I have a 10 week puppy, So really no issues with which to deal. However, I would like to establish a long term repour with a Vet. Therefore, looking to learn what clinics you use. Caring staff, compatent doctors, convenient hours, reasonable rates (not test crazy). I’ve been to Country Oaks...but that’s my only experience. If any one has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it!
Old 07-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pting View Post
Since this is “pet city”, there are numerous veterinarian available. So many choices....I have a 10 week puppy, So really no issues with which to deal. However, I would like to establish a long term repour with a Vet. Therefore, looking to learn what clinics you use. Caring staff, compatent doctors, convenient hours, reasonable rates (not test crazy). I’ve been to Country Oaks...but that’s my only experience. If any one has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it!
A little on the expensive side, but we have been using Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital since just after they opened. They are off of CR466 and have weekend and evening Emergency hours. Home

They also have an office in Pinellas off of CR466A on the south side across from Colony Plaza.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pting View Post
There are caring staffs and great vets everywhere here but my problem is that the ones we've consulted upsell. I think it is unethical and wrong. People care about their pets and would not deny them health protection but some of the things suggested are both unnecessary and very expensive but how can you say no? Particularly when the patient doesn't talk to you about his health and how he feels. We were highly pressured to have our kitten see an expensive pet cardiologist and we refused. (With all kinds of guilt) Our kitten is now a robust three year old with no signs of cardiac problems that we can discern and no mention of heart difficulty when we took him to a new vet.. Please be careful...some do not use a gun to rob you.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:10 AM

Use Buffalo Ridger Animal Hospital as well. You are your pets advocate and do your research on the issue your pet may have. For those that live at the south end, Lake Panasoffkee Animal Clinic on CR 470 West is an excellent facility.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Highly recommend Buffalo Ridge. Excellent Drs on staff. There is a vet on site 24 by 7. Additionally, they have boarding facilities.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Gold member

Mulberry Animal Clinic on Hw 42. Three very caring and excellent female vetinarians.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:35 PM
Platinum member

my experience with Buffalo Ridge has been less than good. pm me and I'll tell you the multiple mis-diagnosis and outright malpractice. I'm not one of those complaining type people, it was that awful. many times they have new graduates who do not have enough clinical experience yet.

I recommend Dr. Porter at Animal Care Center of Wildwood. He took great care of my dog who had a chronic problem as a result previous "care". He does not try to sell you anything you don't need. it's a no frills ofc. but he's had the same office staff since I've been going to him....to me that says a lot. He has years of clinical experience so has seen most everything. He's in Wildwood Shopping Center. Although, appts. are taking longer to get....so I better stop recommending them.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:05 PM

I second Dr. Porter. He and his staff are very caring. Stay away from Buffalo Ridge in Pineallas Plaza and Colony Animal Hospital. Vet's are young, inexperienced and do not show caring attitude.
Closed Thread

Tags
reasonable, rates, test, hours, convenient

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.