Pet climbs tree. Not a cat, rat, nor bird though.

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Pet climbs tree. Not a cat, rat, nor bird though.

Tree Climbing Dog - PetTube.com - YouTube

Saw this today at Doggie Doo Run Run. The goldren retriever involved only got about 5 feet off the ground though up the tree before the owner got scared and called it down. I suppose that would be my re-action too. The pooch was after a squirrel. No dog that I have ever seen is going to out climb a squirrel.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

One would question why a pet owner would be so irresponsible to promote such behavior, knowing if the dog slipped and fell from such heights, it most likely would not end well for the dog.
Makes you wonder...
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
One would question why a pet owner would be so irresponsible to promote such behavior, knowing if the dog slipped and fell from such heights, it most likely would not end well for the dog.
Makes you wonder...
I so agree. Totally irresponsible. Tal at least the owner of the golden had sense enough to call the dog down.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Makes you wonder...
She had never seen their dog do this before. The dog jumped down very quickly but sure did not want to give up on hunting the squirrels. The video though looks like the pet owners should know better than to encourage the dog to get to such heights.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.